Close X


Chloe' - Queen of the Farm

(Page 63 of 76: Viewing Diary Entry 621 to 630)  
[First 10 Diary Entries] Page Links:  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  [Last 10 Diary Entries]  

Tanner did it!!!

April 17th 2009 10:50 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Last night I had a swimming playdate with Tanner C. I knew as soon as mom started packing my towel and pool tools that I was swimming, but I was even more excited when I saw Tanner's mom pull in the driveway:) We got there and needless to say, it took me 10 seconds to run up the ramp and dive in the pool. I just love to swim!! Tanner on the other hand, it took a little longer, but not as long as the first time he came swimming with me at the facility. Anyway, he finally came in and we swam and played with my toys and had a blast. Mom worked with me a bit on my diving too. She put me at the end of the dock (which is about 10 feet), put me in a sit stay, walked to the front of the dock and then yelled "go! go! go!" and threw my toy. I ran as fast as I could and launched into the pool. Mom was really happy that I was able to do it from the sit stay and she said she hopes I do that at the next competition too. We'll see... ;) Anyway, Tanner would dive off the dock like me, but his mom wanted him to try. It took a while, but my mom worked with him and the noodle (she used this to keep him from wanting to go in the ramp) and finally, after not being able to get in the ramp and Tanner's mom in the water coxing him in, he finally did it!!!!! He dove off the dock! Everyone was so happy, including me that I dove in after him and landed on his head... LOL After that, he would still hesitate, but he continued to jump in from the dock and his mom was so proud of him. We all were. So we played hard for 45 minutes in the pool then it was time to go. Needless to say, Tanner and I crashed on the way home and I was so tired, that I was really glad mom just wanted to watch TV when we got home. I slept like a rock too. Mom said tonight we're going on a trail ride since it is so nice out and I'm excited about that too. She also said that dad comes home tonight. I'm glad for that because it means I can rest a little easier now. Well, gotta run. I hope everyone enjoys the beautiful weather this weekend. Bark at you later!



April 15th 2009 6:43 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

As promised, mom took me to the barn tonight. It rained all day so mom said no trail ride, but she took Tequilla out to graze and you know what that means... TUG-OF-WAR!!! Mom plays that with me using Tequilla's lead rope. I love playing that game, but Tequilla doesn't like it much. There was one time tonight that I pulled the rope right out of mom's hands and I started running with it. Boy what a surprise I had when I turned around and saw Tequilla trotting along behind me. DAH! I forgot she was hooked to it. Needless to say, I immediately dropped it because I didn't want to make her mad since I knew she wanted to eat grass after being in her stall for two days. Mom took some pictures with her cell phone of me playing and also keeping an eye on Tequilla while she grazed. I tried to get her to move to a new spot using my "herding" skills, but it didn't work too good. She was really intent on eating in that spot. I think mom got that too. Check back in a couple days to see if she gets them up. Anyway, I had fun playing. It was a nice change after being so bored for the past couple of days. Mom said the weather is going to break and it will be nice again so we'll play outside a lot more. Yipee!

A big birthday wish to my Aussie friend Wesley! He turned 9 today!!



April 15th 2009 5:01 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

So the past two days I did absolutely NOTHING! I have been soooooooo bored! Monday mom came home and her and dad went out for a while. When they got back, they just watched TV. Dad was packing so I figured he was going somewhere and I was right. He left yesterday morning. Mom said he'll be back at the end of the week, that he went golfing with his friends. Yesterday I just chilled until mom got home from work. I was really excited when she got home because I figured we'd do something... WRONG!! All mom did all evening was watch TV. I wish that thing would go away. She said there wasn't anything to do because it was raining and she just wanted a night to "chill" and do nothing at all. She said she never gets those and since my agility class was cancelled (I don't know why), she was taking advantage of that. She did cuddle with me which was nice, but I wanted to play. She promised me that tonight we'll go to the barn even if it's raining. I'm glad because I'm going crazy with nothing to do. I know you have to have down time once in a while and when the weather is ugly it doesn't allow for much to do, but come on... two days in a row! I guess some dogs would enjoy the peace and quiet, but you all know me... I gotta have something to do:)


Easter Dinner

April 13th 2009 6:19 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Yesterday was Easter and I was right, we had a house full of people. It was good to see everyone. Ali and Brett both came home and I was happy to see them:) All the rest of the relatives were there as well. I stayed out of the way and was rewarded after mom got everything cleaned up. She gave me some yummy ham!!! I love ham, but only in small amounts. Mom said it's not good for doggies to have a lot of that at once. That's okay, I was very happy with what she gave me. It was a good day, although, mom seemed a little upset. I think her dad did something that upset her, but being a dog, I'm not sure what it was. I gave her a kiss and that seemed to help. All in all it was a nice day.



April 12th 2009 8:13 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I just wanted to send Happy Easter wishes from my family to everyone out there. I hope you all have a wonderful day and eat lots of ham and get lots of goodies (just not chocolate for us doggies).



Last night

April 10th 2009 1:50 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Last night I helped mom cut the grass... okay, well maybe I just watched, but I keep her company and she said she likes that. Afterwards, mom was really tired but she still took me to Tanner C.'s for a playdate! I was really happy to see Tanner. We ran and ran and ran, but you know what? Tanner is getting much better as zigging and zagging and he makes it more fun for me now to try and catch him. Before I would just run after him and take out his legs, but now that he has some moves, it's a bit more of a challenge and I love it! I always have fun playing with Tanner. We played for about 1/2 hour then mom said it was time to go. Needless to say, I slept like a rock last night. Today mom came home from work early (she said they let her out early for the holiday). I went to the grocery store with her and when we got back , we went for a long walk. Mom was impressed with me when we got to the park. See, mom hides a ball under the port-a-potty so she doesn't have to carry it every time and when we get to the park, she gets it out and throws it for me. Well, this time I went right over and got the ball myself. She said she couldn't believe that I remembered where it was! She obviously keeps forgetting how smart I am:D Tonight I have flyball practice and I'll let you all know how I did. TTFN:)



April 9th 2009 4:53 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

So last night mom took me to the barn with her. I didn't think I would be allowed outside the barn since I just got groomed last week, but when I saw mom getting the bareback pad, I knew where we were going... a trail ride!!! It was kind of windy so mom said we weren't crossing the street, but that didn't matter, I was just happy I was allowed to go. Mom usually makes me wait at least a week or two after I get groomed before I'm allowed to go on a trail ride. She says it's a waste of money if she doesn't. Guess she didn't mind waiting money this time:) Although, I saw mom cringe when I went running through the field and then "splash!" right through a mud/water puddle. Water and mud went flying and my once beautiful white coat was now spotted with brown. Hey, what can I say, I'm a dog and love to get dirty. Mom didn't yell at me which was a surprise. Guess mom is mellowing a bit. After the trail ride, mom worked Tequilla in the arena a bit and I just ran around like a nut. I barked at her once and mom did correct me for that. She said "no barking!" I guess I was just a little excited and wanted Tequilla to run so I could chase and play with her. I love trying to keep up with Tequilla when she runs. I can keep up when she does that canter thing, but when she is going really fast at the gallop, forget it... she leaves me in the dust. Last night they only trotted so I guess I barked because I wanted her to go faster:) After mom was done with Tequilla, she played frisbee with me in the field. I love playing there because there are no bounderies like the yard and I can run and run and run and never have to worry. Needless to say, I was pooped when I got home and crashed early. It was a fun day and I'm glad mom took me along.



April 8th 2009 9:08 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Last night I had agility class. We did some angle jumping, a-frame, dogwalk, tire jump (which for some reason I still have issues with and always want to go around it) and mom had to do some kind of turn thing when sending me through the tunnels. I don't know what that was all about, but I had fun racing really fast through the tunnels over and over again:) Near the end of class we did something new... the teeter. It really wasn't that scary, but then again, mom said they only let it teeter a few inches. Still, I don't think it will bother me much because I'm use to things moving under me. But then again, you just never know with me. One day nothing bothers me and the next, I'm afraid of everything! All in all, it was a fun night. Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention that it was like a blizzard when we were driving home... can you believe that?!?!?! It's April and it was snowing!! Mom didn't like that much because we were in the jeep, but it didn't amount to much and we made it home without incident. I was a little upset that the snow didn't stay around because I love to play in it. Oh well, next winter.


Easter Photos finally up!

April 7th 2009 5:01 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom finally got around to taking my Easter photos last night. I got to play with lots of stuffed bunnies. I was trying to eat them when mom had them all around me and mom said it was a good thing they weren't real!! She put those stupid ears on me too, how humiliating. But I must admit, I had fun! Because I was so good for the pictures, mom gave me a pig ear... YUMMY!!! Hope you like the pix.



April 6th 2009 5:47 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Hello All! Sorry I haven't written in a few days. Things have been kind of quiet around here. Friday I did nothing at all. Mom came home, but then left shortly after. Not sure where she went, but when she got back a few hours later she had Megan with her. I was happy to see her:) We played for a while then she got ready for bed. Saturday I got to see a lot of different people that came to the house. Megan was still there and we played a little, but we had to be quiet becuase dad was sleeping since he's on night shift. Although, people kept ringing the doorbell and you know it's my job to bark so I did. Mom wasn't happy, but she didn't yell at me since she knew I was only doing what is natural. She did put a note on the door though telling those people to stop knocking and ringing the doorbell because dad was asleep. Later that day, Brett and Chelsea stopped by. It was good to see them both. Then my grandma (mom's mom) came by and that was nice. I haven't seen her since cards. Then a little later my Kelsey came over. I was exstatic to see her because I haven't seen her in a long time!!! We played and then whent she sat on the sofa I curled up next to her. Funny thing is, she was wearing some kind of clothes that was really soft and he liked my hair a lot. When she got up, she was covered in white!! Mom had to get out the roller and roll her off so she looked presentable. Hey, what can I say, I have long hair and I shed. I was really happy that Kelsey was there. I really her. Shortly after, everyone left and I just napped. Mom got home really late so we just headed to bed. Yesterday was a nicer day so I went with mom to the barn. Yeah, I know said she wasn't taking me for a least a week since I got groomed, but mom said she just couldn't let me stuck in the house on a beautiful day. We didn't go on a trail ride though. Mom just put Tequilla out then cleaned her stall. I was good and stayed out of the dirt. After she was finished she took me to the field and we played frisbee. That was a lot of fun:) I was really tired after that and when we got home, I just chilled. Mom's friend came over for dinner and a movie and I just hung out. After her friend left, mom watched that show Celebrity Apprentice. It is a funny show the way the people argue back and forth. I was really tired and fell asleep though. I must have been having some dreams because mom woke me up and she said I was yipping again, moving my mouth, my legs were going and my eyes were rolling around in my head. She said she thought I was having a seizure or something because she never saw me like that and she had a hard time waking me too. I didn't mean to scare mom like that, I was just really tired and I don't remember what my dream was either. We finally went to bed, but hours later when me, mom and Gizmo were all asleep, there was a really loud "crack!" and all three of us jumped awake. Gizmo flew to the end of the bed, I jumped and curled closer to mom and she sat straight up. It took a couple minutes to figure out it was thunder. It was that loud that it woke all of us from our sleep. Now that's loud! So, as you can see, not a real exciting weekend, but not totally boring either. Mom still didn't get my Easter picture done, but promises to do that today or tomorrow. As usual, she's running out of time, but she'll get-r-done!

  Sort By Oldest First

Chloe' - CGC, KPETS


Family Pets

Nikkita (In
Loving Memory)
Mickey (In
Loving Memory)


(What does RSS do?)