April 5th 2008 8:05 pm
[ View A Comments ]
My Newfoundland (rhymes with "understand") pal Rudy tagged me in a new game of spring tag. Mom says she gets games like this every so often in her very own mailbox and that it's lots of fun. I am honored to play a game considered good enuf for even humans! Thanks for tagging me, Rudy!
Four Jobs I've Had In My Life
1. Small Animal Chaser - I am very good at noticing squirrels, chipmunks (sorta) and birds - especially birds - and even moths and butterflies (in the warmer months, if we ever have those again) and when they catch my eye, I try to catch them. So far I have not succeeded (not even a moth), but I am vigilant and I enjoy this job very much.
2. Foot Warmer - I lie at Mom and Dad's feet every night and keep their tootsies warm. I have silky fur and Mom says I throw a lot of heat, so I do a good job when cuddling as well.
3. Friendly Greeter - Both Lexie and I go nuts whenever someone walks past the house, but when they come to the door - we go crazy nuts and bark our heads off. But I am the one who invariably calms down and stops barking first and I go forward and greet each guest properly, while my sister continues barking and hides behind Mom's legs. Everyone ends up petting me because Lexie won't go near until she's warmed up a bit.
4. Court Jester - Mom says this is something I do very well, but I haven't a clue what it is. I am usually called this thing just after she recovers from a fit of laughter. Mom even came home with what she called a special hat for a court jester, but I wanted to chew the long thingies with the balls on the ends to bits. It kinda looked like them octopus things, or maybe a hexapus. I'm not sure.
Four Places I've Lived
1. Somewhere in Illinois, possible the Chicago area. Geography is not my speciality.
2. At a couple of different shelters after my original family surrendered me. The last one was the Wisconsin Humane Society here in town, where Mom found me last summer.
3. At my current home with Mom and Dad, the four human kids and my older mini schnauzer sister, Lexie.
4. There may be more in earlier months of my life, but I don't remember any of it.
Four Favorite Foods
1. My kibble, which is currently California Naturals Lamb & Rice
2. My new other kibble, which is Solid Gold Hund 'n Flocken (Dog Flakes in English - Sie schmecken köstlich!)
3. Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter cereal and Rabbit poo - they look pretty much the same, but the flavors are slightly different to a discriminating palate such as mine.
4. Pretty much anything the humans are eating, dropping, storing or tossing into the garbage. My discriminating palate can turn on a dime and become rather indiscriminate. I am flexible that way.
Four Places I Would Rather Be
1. Running around the yard, chasing small mammals and birds and moths.
2. At the Dog Park, running off-lead!
3. In the kitchen with a full bowl of kibble.
4. Oh, yes - chatting with my pals on Dogster! You rock!
I have just tagged:
3. Greta Grace
Now I'd seriously like four snacks and about four naps!