Likes: Following Mommy around, crawling in the grass, anything having to do with water, playing at the dog park with all his new friends
Pet-Peeves: not paying attention to him, loud trucks, vaccums and kids on skateboards, people that abuse animals
Favorite Toy: a stuffed squirrel and a bad kitty stuffed toy named "Hissy"
Favorite Food: Puppy Chow, watermelon, icecubes. If it's on the ground, he'll put it in his mouth...
Favorite Walk: Anywhere, anyplace as long as it's outside!!!
Best Tricks: He has learned to sit, stay, drop it, lay down, pee on command, crawl and heel so far!!! Good boy!
Arrival Story: Poor Jack was dumped in a box at the Vero Beach animal shelter one night. A nice lady at All Pet Rescue took him in and listed him on Petfinder.com. It had been about a year since Frisbee passed and we were ready to welcome a new bud into our home. We applied and adopted him! He is awesome! He has so many traits Frisbee had and he fortunately has not been abused by any humans, so he doesn't have the phobias Frisbee had. If Frisbee had puppies, we are convinced Jack would be one of them. It is a joy to be his stewards. We look forward to many fun memories with him.
Bio: We aren't sure what full breed he is or mix of breeds he is. Everyone says he's a rough coat jack russell....any ideas out there???
Forums Motto: Take what you want and give nothing back
I HAVE FINALLY DOCKED AFTER SPENDING MANY A NIGHT AT SEA. IT'S GOOD TO HAVE ME LAND LEGS BACK! DON'T FORGET THAT THIS FRIDAY IS TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY!!!! I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW SCALLYWAGS TO MAN ME SHIP BUT KEEP YOUR PAWS OFF ME RUM!!!!
~THE DREAD PIRATE CAPTAIN JACK
You can find my handsome self on the home page for pirate day on dogster!!! I was just too good looking for them not to include me!
I've been away on the high seas plundering and pillaging!
Let's see, I've been to doggie day care to help me become a more "balanced" dog, what ever that means! I thought my balance was pretty good!
I've been busy taunting all the squirrels in the back yard that steal the birdseed. Mommy keeps me away from that area since I really love to shove my face into the seeds and take a mouthful. It always smells like squirrels and crackle birds! Yum!
I have made friends with my two neighbor friends, the black labs Samantha and Bella. Samantha is a little long in the tooth and puts me in my place, but Bella is only six months old and outweighs me by about 30 pounds, but we have a ton of laughs chasing each other around my neighbor's yard!
Hmmmm, what else..... oh yeah......they took all the pools and attendants away from my favorite place, the Palm Bay Regional Dog Park and now it's not safe to go there anymore. The last time I was there a mean old guy kicked the crap out of me when I approached the fence to check him and his dog out. I was just sniffing and he kicked me!!!! Ouch! Mom almost kicked his butt back for being cruel to me, but she called him a really nasty name and reported him to the park ranger. I think he's been banned from the park, but Mommy is still not sure it's safe to go there. I miss all my buds at the park, so hopefully soon Mommy will think it's ok to go. We'll see.
Not much else to report. I have learned a few new tricks and have so much energy that sometimes I get bored and start to chew on the furniture. I have so many chew toys and treats to chomp on, but the couch is full of stuffing and is so much fun to pull out that I just can't resist. I know Mommy will try to take me to daycare more often and we go for super long walks but I am a Jack Russell Terrier and need about 50 hours a day of excercise or else I get bored. Oh well, Mommy wanted a new couch anyway!!!! :)
Until next time....
Woofity woof woof woof!
I just got tagged by the very pretty Sophie Rose!!!
The rules are, once you're tagged, you have to write 7 facts about yourself in your diary. Then, you tag 7 of your pup pals!
1. I am a rescue pup. My previous owner didn't appreciate my handsome disposition and was threatened by my ability to wooooo strumpets, so he foolishly dumped me in a cardboard box and set me at the steps of a rescue shelter. Boy was he dumb!!! I am going to be rich someday after pilaging the puppy chow and milk bone factories when I'm old enough to reach the stearing wheel of my Mom's car!
2. I was a 40th birthday present to my pup Mom from my pup Dad (and he was foolishly going to get her a vaccuum cleaner instead of me....men....good thing he changed his mind at the last minute and got me!!!! I'm WAY better than any old dumb vaccumm, which I try to destroy whenever it is in use). I hate that thing.
3. I love riding in the car, but I prefer to drive.
4. I am in love with a rather large female German Shepard that I met at the dog park. She is sooooo pretty!!!!! I do flips every time I see her.
5. I have been practicing lowering my bark register when I think Mommy is not around. I think my voice is changing, which is good because I don't like my woofs to sound too high-pitched. I woof real low and growl and bark in different tones. Only Mommy knows this fact since she was high up on the bed one day after I thought she had left for work. I'd be totally embarrassed if the guys at the park knew this, so this will be our secret.
6. I LOVE chasing the frisbee around the park but don't like to give it back. It's mine. I caught it and you can't have it!
7. I was a pig in a previous life since I know one of my favorite past times is rolling in any and all mud puddles!!!! The muckier, the better!!!!
I will be tagging:
2. Serious Sam I Am
7. Molly Grace