Close X



I went to the Rainbow Bridge .....

January 15th 2008 12:20 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Thanks so much.....*tears*

My last two days...

Things went so wrong real minute she was fine the next she was throwing up. I started her on the raw diet Friday. She seems to enjoy it. Plus she got her very first bone that day. Raw. Saturday pretty much the same...she was happy looked really good......I gave her her raw meat Sunday mid morning she was fine...later as a treat I gave them both dried beef heart as a treat.....shortly after that she started throwing up. So I thought it might have been the dried beef heart not agreeing with her.......from that point on she went down hill. She threw up all that day....we went to bed around 11
she didn't threw up all night but when we got up around 6 am she started again . Monday she wasn't good. She would just stand in one spot and stare....or sit and stare. The vomiting continued through out the morning into the afternoon. She would get drinks....but wouldn't take any food. She did go out and pee but no poop...she started to get into the position twice to poop but part way down she stood back up and would stare and not move. I called the vet and they wanted her there by 1:30...I called them back and said I needed to wait until after 4:00 so that the boys could say their good byes. I have a 14 and 12 year old great nephews I've been raising for the last four years. Plus my grand daughter who will be 20 also lives with me. She was at work and wanted me to wait to say her goodbyes. She got off an hour early to be here. My son, who is the real owner of Faith but when he got married 3-4 years ago left Faith here because I didn't want her to son is 30. He took off work and drove almost an hour to be here for Faith.
She was taken to the vet around 4:15 and was put down soon after. My son and granddaughter are the ones who took Faith to the vet to be put down. They brought Faith back from the vets wrapped in a nice bag that the vet gave them. In the mean while the two boys went out back and dug her resting place. Before we put her into the ground we brought her body into the house so that Dayzee, Rufas and Butterscotch could see and smell her and know where she was. They knew right away.....we then all went to put her in the ground, said our prayers and returned to the house.
The saddest thing is Dayzee just lay all the rest of the day on the couch or her bed looking so sad and even shaking. We covered her with a blanket and just stayed with her. She was a shadow to Faith.....always looking to Faith to see what to do or where to go....
I have to share with you something so least to me. It was Faiths, her pleasure, to get the news paper every day. The 12 year old would cross the street to get it and bring it to the driveway , then Faith would run and get it from him and bring it to me. I would hold Dayzees collar and she would watch Faith everyday bring in the newspaper. When Faith would get to the door Dayzee would take it from her. Well, yesterday when Faith was so bad and couldn't get the paper we decided to try Dayzee......she ran out , got the paper just like Faith and brought it to me . Faith had taught her yet another trick.
As Faith lay on the floor and I was petting her and gently talking to her, Dayzee came over, looked at her and walked over to where her bone was and brought it over and placed it on Faiths side and walked away. I was so moved by her action. You see, Dayzee just doesn't share or give her bone to anyone....except me . Her act with the bone told me the time was near.
I know we all think we have THE best dog in the whole world......but I know for a fact We DID have the best dog in the whole wide world. Who is and will forever be missed.
Our house is strangely quiet......


♥ Faith ♥


Family Pets

♥ Cyrus


(What does RSS do?)