Likes: Cheese, Treats, Back Scratches, Walks, Loves, Squeaky Toys
Favorite Toy: Liony Liony
Favorite Food: Cheese
Favorite Walk: The Park
Best Tricks: Can "talk", is very vocal with how she whines
Arrival Story: I got Keechi for my tenth birthday, when my dad took me for a surprise visit to the local pound. He gave me a dog candle and asked me if I could have any dog there, which one would I take...and at the time I still didn't know. I kept going back to this little ball of squirming, whining black, white and gold fur who kept staring at me from the cage. The people at the pound told us she might have german shepard in her, and that she may get very big. My dad measured our other dog, Billy and then measured Keechi. Turns out, she's the smallest of all our dogs and still is to this day. Billy and Keechi hit it right off, they even look like siblings and they have a strong connection to each other.
The rules of the TAG Game:
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats and dogs who are tagged need to write on their own journal about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven cats and/or dogs to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your journal.
Here are my seven facts...
1. I was named after a cartoon wolf from the series "The Legend of White Fang" that mommy watched when she was a kid, a grey wolf named Keechi!
2. I was a rescue case, like my brothers, only I came right from the pound. I was actually adopted and returned a couple times before mommy and her family found me because I was a slow learner when it came to potty training and no one else had the patience for me!
3. My nickname is "Princess Pretty Tummy", mommy always said my brother had the most handsome boy tummy and I had the prettiest girl tummy!
4. I was also a gift for mommy's tenth birthday, her dad took her to visit the pound saying that they were "just looking", and then asked if she could get one, which would she get...I stared up at her through the fence with my little masked face and when she pointed at me, her dad pulled out a little doggy birthday candle and said she could get me!
5. The people at the shelter said I probably had german shepherd in me because of my markings and was likely to get really big...our family measured my brother and me to guess, but oh how wrong they were! I'm the smallest dog in our pack!
6. People always thought my brother Billy and me were actually real brother and sister because we looked so much alike! We were about the same size and we got together perfectly from the very first time we met. Mommy said we made the perfect team! I miss him so much every single second of every day now, but I know he's having fun at Rainbow Bridge and he's watching out for me and with me always and always.
7. Soon after I came home for the first time, it was in the winter time, and I jumped right into the river! I remember mommy and her parents yelling "Keechi!" at me, but I was just fine and having fun, lol!
I'll tag my 7 friends as soon as I find some that aren't tagged yet. ;)
As some of you may know, I've recently had a problem with well...my bottom. It's kind of embarassing to talk about, but mommy thought at first it was from hemroids/constipation. It was bleeding a lot at first, and the vet now thinks it was an anal sac that likely popped, which would explain all the blood. I'm doing a little better now, but it's still pretty sore if I sit on it for too long. Mommy and her mom are applying creams and I've got pills from the vet now too that're suppose to help it heal faster. I'll keep everyone posted on how it continues to heal, but thanks to all those wonderful dogs and cats who've been giving me lovely rosettes and healing hugs! It really means a lot to me! Thanks again.
As most of you probably know, I lost my brother/best friend a few weeks ago to seizures/fainting spells...please send hugs to my Billy, I'll always love him forever. It's really lonely being the only dog in the house now, my other brother Lucky moved away several months ago when our dad went on a move. One of my kitty friends, Milo, left us recently too...now it's just me and Mytec. She's nice...sometimes. She can be a little bossy and grumpy sometimes, but she's alright...and I like her company, when she's in a good mood anyways.
Yesterday we went to the vet for my shots...I hate it there so much!!! Last year Billy and me went on the same day, and our mom Autumn took Billy outside to walk him around after he got his shots, and mom Gloria took me in in to get mine while they waited. I had a seizure while I was in there, a "grand mal" as they call it...the first I've ever had. This year when we went to get my shots I had another one...I've only had two, and they've only happened at the vet's office. The vet thinks it's stress, and offered to let me get my shots out in the waiting room or outside next time so I don't have to go up on that cold scary table. It was really scary though, and my moms were really upset. After loosing two of our family members so close together I think they're terrified about my safety now.
I'm alright for now though, but lets just say yesterday was a very stressful day...I'm suppose to go back in for my shots in a week or two (since the vet said it was safer to wait after I just had that seizure). As they said, I go through a lot of trouble to get out of that office!!! Mom's keeping a close eye on me now, I'll keep you all updated on how things go.