Likes: Sleeping and jumping onto the edge of the tub while someone is taking a shower or bath
Pet-Peeves: Jewel licking me when I'm trying to sleep
Favorite Toy: STRAWS and the TINY leather mice
Favorite Nap Spot: On the Body Pillow at the bottom of the bed
Favorite Food: Anything really but Inova Evo is my favorite
Skills: Oh I can do back flips... I run really fast at the wall and at the last second i jump up and kick the wall with my back legs and flip over!
Arrival Story: My daddys mom had a friend whos outdoor cat had kittens so his mom told Diane that she could pick one out as an early christmas present! Of course she picked the best kitty in the litter ( me) and obviously I was the best Christmas present ever!
Bio: When i was first born i lived outside near Batavia, NY but as soon as I was big enough to be away from my cat mom, my new mom took me home with her to Hamlin, NY ( a suburb of Rochester)
1. I like to sleep between mom and dad every night - once dads sound asleep I usually "spoon" with mom, sleeping right against her belly and I put my head on her shoulder or in her armpit.
2.I love water! I ask for baths by sitting in the tub and meowing until mom comes in and turns the water on for me.
3. I usually sleep on my back... all spread out
4. My favorite toy is a small mouse attached to a rubber string and a small pole. I always bring it to whatever room I'm in. I love to attack the mouse by myself or chase it when mom runs around the house with it
5. I love to nap on moms side of the bed, right below her pillow, sometimes i will even find away under the covers.
6. I have a weird obsession with my dads boxers or his towels after he just showers. I love to roll around on them!
7. When mom gets out of the shower she will wrap herself in a towel and sit down and i love to rub myself all over her and then cuddle in her lap until she is all dry
a few days ago we were looking in the forums and came across this very sad
story about a sweet little orangie.
Her name is Penny
She was viciously attacked by a neighbor's dog.
She had a leg amputated but her devoted mom who is a college student was prepared to do everything to get the little girl well again.
( A lot of kitties were reassuring her that three legged kitties do just fine.)
Well sadly she did not make it.
Infection took over her little body and she is gone.
Mom saw that one of the kitties in one of our groups had picture and created Penny Day! This is a fantastic idea! We are participating!
Mom isn't sure how to do links on catster... but if it works, heres the link to Penny's story
Today is the second day in a row mom hasn't left at her usual time. Shes got ugly blisters on her face and tummy so i haven't gotten too close, i just lay near her. Yesterday she went to the dr because she didnt feel good and ended up at the hospital -- just to get iv fluids and an antibiodic and then she came home. Yesterday she only had one blister... now she has a bunch. Since moms home, me and Jewel cant be bad! Me and Jewel play fight sometimes and daddy says im a wimp because i usually run and hid before Jewel even touches me. I like to wait till Jewels not looking and then i smack her with my paw from behind, and then i run and hide. Last night we were laying together and I told Jewel it was ok to go on the dining room table. She didnt believe me at first but i finally convinced her when she realized mommy and daddy were half asleep watching tv. So she no sooner jumps up and mommy yelled at her, so she ran and hid under the bed. Mom must have heard the bell on her collar. Im sitting here all nice and quiet and Jewel just ran in here with her favorite mouse making all kinds of weird noises. Shes playing fetch with mommy now. I must get in on this play time too...