April 20th 2012 2:58 am
[ Leave A Comment | 7 people already have ]
This is from Marielles mommy
Well no news is good news most of the time, but not this time. I have been hesitating to write an update because I was a little too upset, didn't want anyone to panic and really had hoped the doctor's would come in and say they had made a mistake.
Well they didn't and so I'll update you all the best I can, it's really all quite treatable. The doctors have been watching the creatinine rising, it is supposed to be under 1.0, in the past 3 days went to 2.12 then 2.63 then today reached 4.24, essentially what this means is that she has Acute Renal Failure. They aren't sure if this was caused by the gentamicin which was treating the pseudomonas (and got rid of it) or by interstitial nephritis. Her kidneys are compromised already, this we know, so the next and new plan of action is to put her on peritoneal dialysis, by a pedi-cath.
This is temporary!! We don't know how long, how often or even when the procedure will take place. It may be tomorrow morning but we won't know until the morning lab results come in around 8-9am. If her creatinine level has gone up at all then the procedure will be in the morning, if that number has gone down then they'll check it again a few hours later and if still trending downwards then they may just watch over the weekend and then there's a chance the procedure won't be necessary at all.
She has been on a fluid restriction today, so her kidneys won't be overworked any more than they already have been, this hasn't bothered her at all because she hasn't been hungry or thirsty for a few days already.
The good news is her ANC went up to over 500.. at least her rate of infection is getting better .. if her numbers stay up it is possible they will do the bone marrow procedure next week sometime to see if the cancer has gone into remission yet.. Please say a prayer for our Marielle .. this is truly very scary !
Leave A Comment | 7 people already have
You have our continued prayers that Marielle gets better.
Continued prayers for Marielle and her family.
Your family has our continued prayer and positive thoughts. Thank you for keeping us updated.
My thoughts and prayers are with Marielle and her Family.
Thanks everyone.. we had good news today .. Marielles ANC numbers were up over 1000.. that is her chance of infection .. so from 12 to over 1000 is HUGE! !! Her numbers for the kidney function were slightly better so they have postponed making a decision on that until Monday.. The POTP !
Fantastic Buttercup - thanks for all the updates.
Have a great weekend!!!
We will be praying for her. Love Abbie and mommy Gail