Likes: Playing with her friends, long walks and most of all being with her family.
Pet-Peeves: Motorcycles, cats, dogs walking down the street ( she wishes it was her)
Favorite Toy: A squeaky red devil, anything that squeaks, tug ropes, anything plastic that she can chew up.
Favorite Food: Cheese, bully sticks, almost any treat.
Favorite Walk: On the creek trail past her friend, Bong's house.
Best Tricks: Just being cute, sitting, catching treats when thrown, lay down and roll over, shake, high five.
Arrival Story: We got Ruby about 4 months ago at BABR (Bay Area Boxer Rescue) after losing our beautiful boy Boxer, Quincy, to a brain tumor. We first met her in the rescues front yard and she was running around like crazy. She came right up to us and was very friendly but we thought that she might be a bit too active. We watched her for quite a while and we decided to take her home to see how it worked out. Well, needless to say...she stayed!
Bio: On our way home from the rescue Ruby wanted to sit very close to her new mom and dad. She seemed to like us real well and the feeling was mutual. When we got her home our son (Ruby's boy) was waiting to meet her. It was love at first sight, she was all over him. A short while later our son's girlfriend (Ruby's girl) walked in and was surprised when she saw our new baby. She and Ruby hit it off really well too, so it seemed everyone was happy. Ruby was in pretty bad shape, looks wise, when she first arrived. She had mange pretty bad and was very thin. We had been given mange medicine at the rescue and we continued to give her that for a few weeks. She also had two large abscesses on her back that looked pretty yucky and quite a few scars from being hit by a motorcycle. Her back left leg had been broken and I guess it didn't heal quite right so she has some what of a limp. The limp certainly doesn't bother her as she runs and jumps very well. Ruby was really happy to be in a home with people that loved her and had lots and lots of toys. She didn't even care that the toys were used, she just thought she was in heaven. Then when it came time to go to bed she really liked sleeping in the bed (we spoil our dogs quite a bit) instead of a kennel. It didn't matter where she'd been, she was home now and she wasn't ever going to leave. So now all the mange is gone, the abscesses have healed and she has a beautiful shiney coat. She is a very happy little girl!
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Dogs who are tagged, need to post in their diary the rules and their 7 pawsome facts. Then choose some dogs to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to bark them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your diary, or, send them a fun Rosette announcing they've been Tagged!
1. I am very spoiled and I love it! And my pawrents love to spoil me.
2. I love to lay in the sun. I lay in the sunlight coming through the windows and I also have mom bring my outside bed into the sun so I can lay on it.
3. I eat anything and everything. I haven't found anything that I don't like. Yet!
4. I go to bed at 2100h or 9pm. I don't care what anyone else is doing, I'm going to bed. Well, unless we're having a party.
5. I love it when my friends come over to play. Bonnie is on her way right now so I'm waiting at the winddow for her to drive up.
6. I like to be fed on time. On time for me is 1700h/5pm and 0500h/5am. If you don't feed me I will bug you til you do. So you might at well just do it!
7. I'm a total lover....I love to cuddle, be held and be scratched. I especially like to cuddle between my mom and dad when it's cold.
Okay, I'm going to tag my pals......Tyson, Sassy and Tobias
Name 4 jobs you have had:
1. Protect the house from people walking their dogs down the street.
2. Protect the house from cats in our front yard (very important).
3. Make sure my little girls hands and face are clean after she eats. She sticks them
over for me to lick.
4. Keep the bed warm for mom and dad and be sure the covers are nice and bunched
up for them.
List 4 places you have lived or stayed at:
1. ? (starting point)
2. Los Angeles Boxer Rescue (rough place)
3. BABR (Bay Area Boxer Rescue)
4. MY furever home in Pacheco CA. I'm never leaving here!!
List 4 places you have been:
1. Eureka CA with mom and dad. I met Lucy there, a cool black lab and we ran and
played on the beach.
2. Shelter Cove CA (California's Lost Coast) Mom and dad rented a house here for a
week. They have black sand beaches and you wouldn't even see people for miles.
Lot's of fun beach time. ps...the water is real cold!
3. To dad's work to have lunch with him.
4. To my friend's, Kane's, house in Sacramento Ca. We hiked and went in the American River. Kane went swimming but I only went a little ways in.
List 4 places you'd rather be:
1. On a walk with dad.
2. Playing on the beach with Kane.
3. Going for a ride.
4. Laying in the sun on the patio and playing in my doggie pool.
Now this should be fun....I've been Valentine Tagged by my pup pal, Eve who is quite lovely and lives in a VERY cold place...So if you need to know anything about cold weather or snow be sure to contact her...
Ok, here is what we're gonna do, I make 5 Valentine wishes, here in my diary...I then TAG 5 of my pup pals by pmail or rosettes/zealies or both and tell them about the tag and have them read my diary for the rules....you guys post your wishes in your diary and tag 5 more, etc.....Sooo, here are my wishes.....
1. For all my sick friends to get better and not hurt anymore.
2. For it to stop raining :(( so I can go play outside.
3. For one of my friends to be able to come over and play.
4. For mom to give me a treat every hour (she's says that ain't gonna happen, bol)
5. For a new brother or sister, well...I'm not really sure about this one, just a thought.
Now I'm gonna go and tag 5 of my pals and spread the fun around.