Close X


The Adventures of Jelly

(Page 247 of 247: Viewing Diary Entry 2461 to 2465)  
[First 10 Diary Entries] Page Links:  238  239  240  241  242  243  244  245  246  247  

Another Weekend!

August 11th 2006 4:26 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I can't believe that it has been a whole week since I wrote my last entry. Again it is Friday and I am so excited about having another weekend. My Mommy is going to be home for two whole days!

I got my Mommy real busy last weekend and she added more pictures on my site and also put up a site for my Miniature Schnauzer sister Jennifer. There are some pictures of me on Jennifer's site too so check it out! Jennifer is an old girl at 15 years old and can be kind of grumpy at times. She never wants to play and even tries to steal my food! She is good to cuddle with for a nap. Sometimes I sleep with her for part of the night but I would much rather sleep with my Mommy. Jennifer doesn't like sleeping in human beds (how silly can you be!) so she has her own doggy bed.

We are going to have a real busy weekend. I am going to a doggy show on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is a real special show because it is a Toy dog speciality. My Daddy (affenpinscher daddy) will be at the show too. He only needs two more points to finish his Canadian Championship so I am really hoping he can do that at the speciality. He will have to beat me to get his two points but I don't care because I really want my Daddy to be a champion. He is already an American champion so this would give him two championships! How lucky can you be!

The awful part is tonight - the grooming! I have to have a bath, cut my nails and get trimmed up. I guess I can suffer for the cause of beauty!!! It doesn't matter to me how I look but I do like the attention I get when people tell me how beautiful I am.

I have to go now, Mommy says we have to hurry and get all our work done for the show and of course my bath (growwl, growwl.....)

Wags and kisses


I survived the week!

August 4th 2006 6:30 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I can't believe it but it is finally the weekend!! I was so happy when I heard my Mommy come into the door I could hardly wait for her to come and get me. I gave big kisses and hugs and then ran to the door asking out. My Mommy, Jennifer and I went outside to play. My tail was still wagging and I was still giving Mommy kisses. Yahoo, Yahoo- the weekend is here!! Not only is it the weekend but it is a long weekend at least for Canadian doggies! Monday is a holiday and my Mommy will be home for three whole days - yahoo!!!!

Looking back on my week I guess it wasn't so bad. My Mommy had to go to work every day which I hate. It is something about making money so we can pay for my food and treats. I don't know what money is but I see my Mommy either hand over some paper or a plastic card when we get food and treats so what is the big deal?????? I can find her lots of paper and plastic and she doesn't have to go to work. She says it doesn't work that way but I just don't get it.......

Anyways back to my week:

As usual my Mommy went to work. When she got home she said we were going to go for a car ride. This was just great. Then I found out that we were going to the vet. Am I going to get another needle?? I was worried!! We got there and had to sit in the waiting room for a few minutes. A big Golden walked out of one of the exam rooms and I had to inform him right away who was boss!! My Mommy was holding me but I still barked at him. Everyone thought it was so funny that I would bark at such a big dog. I see nothing funny about it - it is important to let him know who is the boss real quick! Then we went into the exam room. There was a new vet there. She was so nice to me - she told me I was cute, let me sniff her face and hair and gave me a hug. My Mommy told her that I was at the end of my first season and she was concerned about the colour of some of my discharge. I don't know what any of that means - I just know I felt great. The new vet was so nice to me that I hardly realized that she examined me and took a swap sample. By this time I liked her so much that I was wagging my tail and giving her kisses. She left the room for a few minutes and came back and said everything was 100% and not to worry. That is a relief - I was wondering if I could be feeling good and still be sick????!!!! While I was there I got weighted and I am now 5 lbs 8 oz. This means I am one pound heavier then I was in March when I came to live with my Mom. My breeder told us that when I grow up I should top out at about 8 lbs -so that means 2.5 more lbs to go!

As usual my Mommy went to work. Tuesdays is a good day because I go to dog school in the evening. I always love going to school. I am learning how to be a show dog - walk nice, stand nice and know how to stand and look at food. The best part is all the treats my Mommy is always giving me. My Auntie Lorna was there too and I was so happy to see her! We were really starting to "perfect" some of our moves because I have a dog show to go to on Aug. 12th and 13th.

Again Mommy goes to work. Sometimes I think I am living in "Ground Hog Day" (you would have to have watched the movie to understand that one)! It just seems like an endless cycle with Mommy always going to work. Growwl, growwl... That evening I went with Mommy to Petvalu and she bought me a variety box of Merrick canned dog food. That food is so yummy!!

Guess what happened that day??? You got it, Mommy went to work. After my Mommy got home we went for a car ride to do some errands. I always love car rides. I was already getting excited about the weekend coming! When we got home we played in the backyard and then cuddled together and watched some tv. I love being with my Mommy.

What do you think happened??? I got you (chuckle,chuckle) , no Mommy didn't go right to work. She had to go to her vet with an ouchy knee. After the vet she went to work. Then she came home and this is where I started this entry. You are now up to date on my week!

I am so happy I just can't tell you how much. Three whole days at home with my Mommy is just heaven! My Mommy has asked me what I want to do. I told her I want to go to this really big park that we have to drive to that has a duck pond. I will let you know if I was able to talk her into it. I also want to talk her into getting my pictures off her camera, into the computer and update my dogster site. We will see how successful I am...........

Talk to you later


Great Weekend

July 30th 2006 9:22 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I sure had a good weekend. The most important thing is that Mommy was home all weekend - it is always a good time when Mommy is home.

All week I have been going into the crate that we use in the car - this is my way of asking for a car ride. Finally on Saturday morning I heard my Mommy ask,"Do you want to go for a car ride?" I didn't have to be asked twice and I was in my crate like a bullet! My Mommy said that she was going to take me shopping and that I could have anything I wanted. I love going shopping but then doesn't every girl???

Our first stop was to a real trendy doggy boutique. I love it there as the owners are so nice and I always meet nice people and nice doggies. We looked at all the plush squeaky toys and tried them all out. I finally picked a small stuffed frog that has a replaceable squeaker. My Mommy talked to the nice owner about me not eating well. She bought me some Merrick tinned puppy plate food. I have to tell you it sure is yummy! Then we looked at the fancy treats that they have in jars. The owner told my Mommy that they are human grade and that both humans and dogs could eat them. My Mommy bought me a half a pound of a treat with peanut butter and blueberries. Another really yummy treat. Oh yes, my Mommy ate one too and said they were good.

I then thought we were going home but we didn't!! My Mommy then stopped at another doggy store. This is so cool! Again we looked at all the squeaky toys and we bought two of them! I got a plush neon green doggy. I also got a plush human that says," Oh, Oh". We now call him my "oh-oh man". I love playing with him. The best part is that my Mommy can remove the voice box and wash the toy when it gets dirty. Then my Mommy bought some doggy bagels. Those are so yummy too!

From there we went home. To top the day off my Mommy gave me some Frosty Paw. I sure was a happy dog on Saturday!!

On Sunday it was very hot and humid. I didn't want to go outside much - not even to play in my wading pool. I stayed inside in the air conditioning and slept and played with my new toys.

This was a great weekend! The sad part is that Mommy has to go back to work tomorrow. I don't like Mondays very much but my Mommy promised that she will rush home right after work. She told me that next weekend is a long weekend (3 days) so I am sure looking forward to that!


Stinky Night!

July 28th 2006 9:05 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

What a night last night was!! My Mommy and I woke up to a real terrible stink at about 3 am. My Mommy turned on the light to find that my sister Jennifer had some diarrhea in the bedroom. I guess she got into some of my puppy food which is far too rich for an "old gal" like Jennifer and it upset her. Jennifer went outside and I stood on top of the bed watching my Mommy clean everything up. It got even too stinky for me and I also went outside. When we got back in everything was clean and the air smelled nice with all the air freshener that my Mommy sprayed. Don't worry, Jennifer seems to be fine today. She is limited to water and eating pumpkin for today and will likely be eating her regular food by tomorrow. I had to eat pumpkin once too when I had diarrhea. I think it tastes yummy and it sure did the trick!!

It is Friday - yahoo, yahoo!! This means that my Mommy doesn't go to work for two full days - these are my favourite days of the week! I am so much looking forward to spending two full days with my Mommy. Mommy said that we are going to have a quiet weekend because we have been so busy for the past couple of months. I sure hope we spend lots of time out in the backyard. I love chasing the birds and squirrels and cuddling up to Mommy in the lawn chair. It is suppose to get real hot on Sunday and maybe Mommy will put out our wading pool - I love splashing in the pool!


My First Eight Months

July 27th 2006 7:48 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Hi Everyone! I thought it was about time that I introduce myself with my first entry in my diary. I have been on dogster for a few days now and I love it! I love meeting all you doggies. I have made so many pup pals, had some nice pup mail and I am enjoying the groups.

As you can see I am an affenpinscher puppy. Right now I am about 9 1/2 inches tall and weigh just under 5 lbs. My Mommy always tells me that I don't know that I am little and that I think I am a big dog. What is this little thing anyways???? Isn't it all a frame of mind! People tell me that I have a real gutsy terrier temperment. I can over come something like size!

My first 8 months of my life have been great! I was born on Halloween and I lived with my breeder until I was 4 months old. She is really cool and is always so nice to me that I call her my Auntie Lorna. My Mommy had called Auntie Lorna and told her that she had wanted an affenpinscher puppy for over 15 years and that the time is finally right for her to own one. Auntie Lorna then invited my Mommy over to visit with us (we didn't tell her that it was really an interview!!). My Mommy sat down in the living room and then my whole affenpinscher family came to inspect my Mommy (who I didn't know yet was my Mommy). We all loved her because she was so nice and knew exactly how to act and speak to us. My doggy Daddy gave the final "nod of approval" when he jumped onto the back of the sofa where my Mommy was sitting and tried to sit on her head!!!!

On March 3rd I went to my own home to live with my Mommy. When I got there I found that I had a sister!! She is a black Miniature Schnauzer that is 15 1/2 years old and is called Jennifer. We each growled once at each other, did the whole sniffing thing and then we were friends. I thought this was so cool to have a Miniature Schnauzer sister because affenpinschers are distant relatives to Minature Schnauzers. My Mommy told me that it is believed that miniature schnauzers were developed by breeding affenpinschers to standard schnauzers. So cool!!!! I love my sister. My sister doesn't play but I still love her. I learned so much from her. Jennifer taught me to do "my business" outside, showed me where the treats are kept, taught me to walk on a leash, taught me how to patrol the perimeters of our yard and is just the greatest to cuddle with. You can see by my picture with her that I am so proud to be her sister. I know that sometimes I am a bit too rough for Jennifer but I don't mean it - I just want to play with her so much. Mommy says that we have to be gentle with "old gals" like Jennifer. When I get to be too much of a pain Jennifer does tell me with one big bark - I then listen and settle down!

On the second day my Mommy showed me all my toys. I couldn't believe my eyes!!! She had a full basket full of toys waiting for me in the living room. I just love squeeky toys and I was in 7th heaven inspecting each and every toy. Since then my Mommy is always buying me more toys. Since I don't damage my toys I am sure getting lots of them!!!!!

My Mommy took me to a set of puppy classes which were great. Now we are going to show handling classes. Can you believe that I am going to go into shows???? I can because I was at my first show last weekend. I was there with my doggy Daddy, my half brother, my Mommy and my Auntie Lorna. It was great!!! We got to be in the exercise pen and bark. We got groomed (not the greatest part), got lots of treats and I got to show my stuff in the ring. My next show is in a couple weeks. The best was spending all that time with my Mommy and my Auntie Lorna.

Jennifer and I recently got to go on holidays with Mommy. We went to a beautiful lake and lived in a cabin. It was so much fun!!! My sister can't walk very far so we would go for walks and leave her at home. My Mommy and I would walk and walk for two hours at a time. We always had time to chase squirrels and stop for an ice cream. So my sister would have fun too we would load up into the car every evening and take a drive to the beach. Then we would just walk a small amount and would sit on park benches. Jennifer really enjoyed this time.

I love sleeping in bed with my Mommy but I had a problem that I couldn't get up or down by myself. One day my Mommy came home with a package and of course I was very curious. At first I was disappointed because it wasn't treats and it wasn't a toy - just a bunch of pieces of plastic. My Mommy put all those pieces together and you know what it was????? It was small steps that I can use to go up and down the bed by myself!!!! I just love my steps - this was actually better then toys and treats. So cool!!! If any of you doggies are having trouble getting up and down the bed just get your Mommy to buy you steps.

This was a long entry but I had to catch you up with the first 8 months of my life! Watch for my future entries and I promise they won't be as long!

Woof, Woof

  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets

Jennifer (1990
- 2007)
Cadbury - In
Loving Memory


(What does RSS do?)