Nicknames: DoodleBug, Doodle-oodle-oodles, SirSnuggle, Dex, Fuzzy Puppy, Bugs, BugaBOoooo, DestructoDog, oozeyboy, Sly, little punk, Doodles, Small Doodles, Come here Dexter, Sit Dexter, No Dexter, No Bite Dexter (you get the point..)
Pet-Peeves: Where the heck did Bullet go?!?!?! Is he getting more attention than me?!?!
Favorite Toy: Bullet, tennis balls, waterdish, Bullet's collar, KONG, Dad, Mom, and my rope.
Favorite Food: Hey, whatcha eatin, Mom? mmm...that's my favorite! Can I have some, please? Aww, come'on mom... But, But..I'm a cute puppy.... how can you resist my cute puppy face.. Gee, thanks suck..I mean mom!!! kiss kiss
Favorite Walk: wherever.. I'm a laid back kinda dude.. I go with the flow.. I'd really prefer to just plop right here, though.
Best Tricks: summersaults in Central Park, plopping, playing catch with myself for hours
Arrival Story: In Dexter's former life, he was known as "Sly". He wiggled into our hearts at Noah's Ark Animal Shelter in Ledgewood, NJ on Easter Sunday 2006. He was 4 months old, underweight, full of worms, and had a bad urinary tract infection (the vet said he had the tract infection of a horse). There was no way he was going to be sentenced to THAT for the rest of his life. We put Sly and Bullet together in a fenced in area, and Sly terrierized Bullet, and Bullet LOVED every minute of it. We took him home that morning, and made it to Grandma Dottie's for lunch, with our addition!
Bio: The FIRST thing we did was change his name... I HATED the name for him..It just didn't fit his personality, and I didn't want it to become his personality.. Granted, he's a smart little boy, and yes, sly at times, but it sounded so condescending. So, after some thought, we came up with Chester, then it somehow morphed into Dexter.. Dexter it was!!! He's definately a Dexter: smart, sassy, and a big dork. At times, I wonder where his pocket protector is.
Forums Motto: Yours, mine, whats the difference?
Best trick to date: on 4/18/2006, I snuck out of my crate. It's my little secret.. I'll never tell how.
Things destroyed: candle, shoe box, Bullets football (the HORROR), blanket, daddy's birthday present, three cell phones, 4 pairs of shoes, 1 garbage can.. I know I'm missing something...
1) I am the friendliest dog in the house. I like children, dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, ferrets. I will mother ANYTHING. I blame Mommy. She had me neutered too early.
2) I am the best cuddler in the house. I conform to whatever position you're in. Mom likens me to a memory foam mattress...
3) My favorite food is salmon. I will eat salmon any way I can get it. Cooked, Lox, sushi, sashimi, in cream cheese, salmon loaf.. anything.
4) My favorite spot in the house is in the Bay window. You can find either me or Lyfe there at all times.
5) I am the most ginger of my brothers. Despite being 90 pounds of muscle and the size of a small pony, I can sneak up behind anyone, and rarely make any noise while jumping on or off things. I can even climb on mommy's lap without her noticing most of the time.
6) I love water. During the winter, mommy fills up the bathtub for me to play in!
7) I am afraid of thunder. I pull Mommy's pillows out of her pillowcases and hide in there during storms.
How do I get upgraded to the 'primo' spot on the bed? You know, the one where I can share a pillow with my Mommy without getting ever so rudely bumped, pushed and tossed out of the way? Night after night, I attempt to GI Lyfe up the bed, but always meet the business ends of two of my brothers. How can I squeeeeze my tushie in there and get the most awesome of awesome spots?
Lyfe of the party
Dear My Moron Brother -
You should accept the fact that you will NEVER get that spot. Acceptance is key. It is Mine. I have my own pillow, and have slept on it since I was a pup, a pillow so fabulous even Bullet dare not lay his fuzzy face on it.
You are met with my business end, as well as Ben's, because the one and only time we did allow you to share our spots, we BOTH ended up falling to the floor, Ben on top of Daddy, me on top of Mommy. I will NEVER allow it to happen again. Your best bet is to accept the fact that you get to sleep with my rumpus as your pillow, and learn to love it.