Nicknames: Sadie Lady, Slobberdog, Miss Bitch, Girlie, Big Sucky Dog, Sadiedoodle, Sillydog
Birthday: March 6th 2001
Likes: being with Dad, getting belly- or buttrubs, going camping with Dad, rolling in the grass (even if there's nothing stinky, but of course rolling in dead fish is heaven!), collecting things and stashing them in my house.
Pet-Peeves: Dad leaving the house without me (he should not be allowed to do that!); compression noises
Favorite Toy: whatever I can steal from Barney
Favorite Food: Mangoes; I'm a picky eater, becauseI grew up on people food leftovers, but Mom and Dad keep telling me how great dogfood is while they prepare it, "oooh it'll be sooo nice, oooh tasty dinner for Sadie ..." so I end up eating it eventually
Favorite Walk: wherever Dad goes, and of course the campground
Best Tricks: coming back to Dads side and sitting there all proud. Sucking up to strangers (leaning against their legs with a big sigh, making them feel so special)
Arrival Story: My first two years were pretty horrible. My owner never had time for me, and some of the guys living with her tortured me. They threw firecrackers into the kennel I was in. Can you imagine how terrified I was? I was beaten for things I never even knew I did wrong, I was skinny and dirty.
One day my now Dad heard about this. Four weeks ago Mom and Dad got my little puppy brother Barney, and they weren't thinking of another dog, but then Dad went to see me and was nice to me and I loved him from this very moment. He knew my owner was constantly short of money, so he handed her some, said "I'm taking your dog", and while he was still wondering how he'd get me into the car - as I've hardly ever left the small kennel - I jumped in there.
A much better life began. I was bathed and fed and fussed about, I had this silly puppy to keep me company and to protect, and I slept in a people bed right next to my Dad. First when they took me for walks and to play, I was exhausted soon, but it didn't take me long to become a healthy, pretty girl.
I was very scared of a lot of things, especially fireworks, shots, thunderstorms, that sort of stuff. Dad was really patient, tried to keep the worst away from me, and sat hugging me through lots of thunderstorms. I still don't like them, but I don't freak out any more, I know Dad and Mom will protect me. It also helped to see that all these things don't bother Barney at all.
It was Barney who showed me how to play. He is constantly doing silly things, catching balls, swimming, playing, and I saw how much fun he had and tried it myself. By now I'm as playful as he is.
Bio: I love my Dad more than anything else in the world. I want to be with him all the time, and he takes me with him almost everywhere he goes. Dad has a bad back, and when he's not feeling good I'm with him and try to comfort him. When he's feeling good, he, Barney and I do a lot of fun stuff, go for walks, go swimming, play with the ball. But I enjoy it most when I have him just to myself, and I listen perfectly then.
I like people and especially little kids. I love to go and visit my favorite neighbor Alice and her family, especially the little grandkid.
I have a house within the house: One day there was this big cardboard box some armchair was delivered in, and while Mom was still trying to get that chair together, I went into the big box and loved it. I love closets and corners too. So Mom and Dad got me this huge doghouse that sits in the bedroom, and this is where I go when Barney steals my space with Dad or I need some quiet. I can take all my bones and treats there and hide them, same as the toys I steal from Barney.
I love camping!: When Dad and I go camping, some people are a bit nervous because of all the stories they heard about Rottweilers being vicious. But as soon as they get to know me better, things change. Soon everybody knows my name (way better than they know Dad's), the kids come to play with me, and last time a little boy even brought his blanket to have his nap with me. I always lie down and let them scratch my belly, and so they're not afraid of my size.
Mom and I: I'm a Daddy's girl, but of couse I love my Mom too. First I just liked her like I like everybody who pets me, but over the years we got much closer, and now I often go to her and we cuddle, and I give her lots and lots of big sloppy Rottweiler kisses. Mom is the only one who can really scratch my butt the right way.
Jas tagged me ... and I'd better don't tell that I don't know nothing about football. But hey, it's a ball and I throw it to you!
Please try to get another team together, and of course write down 5 pawsome things about you.
Here are mine:
1. I'm sooooo glad that my friend Satiba is feeling better!
2. I really, really really don't like that wild stormwind outside today and think I'm better off in Dad's bed.
3. Every time Max lets the Hamsters dance, I have to think of my Gophers. See you in spring!
4. I don't just steal Barneys tennis balls, I also flick them in Mom's lap to tell her I want to play.
5. I listen so much better when it's just Dad and me.
Walker Indiana Ranger tagged me! I'm a bit late with my reaction - soooo much to do, but here are the 7 facts:
1. I love Dad more than anyone else, but when he's not there or pets Barney, I'm instantly on my way to Mom or friends.
2. Since a gander attacked me, I'm afraid of these big bad Canada gesse.
3. When Dad dawdles leaving the house with me, and I get impatient, I complain. Loudly.
4. I'm not that young anymore but get the zoomies like a pup.
5. With the weather changes here - in case of doubt, shed.
6. I don't give too much for toys as such, but love to steal Barney's.
7. When Dad falls asleep in the evening, I hop of the bed and sleep in my house (or on the floor or in the bathroom, depending on the weather).
I've been tagged by sweet Maven as well as by handsome young Walker. Mom had a cold and we're a bit late with passing the tag on (but not the cold), so here are the rules:
If you want to play, please tag 7 other doggies, and state the rules and 7 random facts about you in your diary. I tagged the mightyJackson, Parky Parks, sweet Boudreaux, of course my best friend Jazzy, Barney's most Precious, my idol Maui and Helga and her Dachsweiler-Sister Ellie
Here are my random facts:
- When it comes down to it, I only have eyes for Dad
- I like grooming my brother Barney
- I once managed to kiss Dad when he yawned. He wasn't exactly delighted
- I'm much quieter, but still a Scaredy-Rott
- Right now, there are four treats stored in my House
- I can't wait till the Gophers wake up again next spring
- I defend Mom and Barnes, but expect Dad to defend me