August 24th 2011 8:22 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
The Ten Commandments
This was posted on our pal Rinky's page. Mommy found it so beautiful she wanted it on my page too.
The 10 Commandments From a Pet's Point of View
by Stan Rawlinson
1. My life is likely to last 10 - 15 years;
any separation from you will be painful for me.
Remember that before you adopt me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want
from me; don't be impatient, short-tempered,
3. Place your trust in me and I will always
trust you back. Respect is earned, not given
as an inalienable right.
4. Don't be angry with me for long
and don't lock me up as punishment; I
am not capable of understanding why. I
only know I have been rejected. You
have your work, entertainment, and friends,
but I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't
understand your words, I do understand
your voice and tone. You only have to
look at my tail.
6. Be aware that however you treat me,
I'll never forget it, and if it is cruel,
it may affect me forever.
7. Please don't hit me. I can't hit
back, but I can bite and scratch, and
I really don't ever want to do that.
8. Before you scold me for being
uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy,
ask yourself if something might be
bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting
the right foods or I've been out in the
sun too long, or my heart is getting
old and weak. It may be I am just
9. Take care of me when I get old.
You too will grow old and may also
need love, care, comfort, and attention.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys.
Never say, "I can't bear to watch" or "Let
it happen in my absence." Everything is
easier for me if you are there. Remember,
regardless of what you do, I will always love you.
Leave a Comment