June 21st 2013 1:17 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
Hello all! So here we are having a nice summer, though hot days are ahead, and those are not so good for us doggies.
We were having a walk the other day when I got ahold of a peach! I was just nibbling on it, so my humans decided to let me have it for a moment. Then when they came to take it from me, I decided "hey, no, it's MY peach" and just swallowed it. That'll teach them!
The humans started panicking and talking a lot, and I learned from their discussion that swallowing an entire peach was not a good idea. Mainly because they have a hard "pit" inside them, that can't be digested and can be very dangerous if lodged in a doggie's intestine.
So they started talking about vomiting and stuff. They called someone on the phone, and gave me some nasty-tasting liquid, which I think was supposed to make me throw up. But hey, when I do throw up they're usually not too happy, so why are they doing it on purpose this time? Anyway, I was a good doggie and held my vomit!
For some strange reason, this prompted mom taking me into a cab and off to an emergency veterinary hospital, where she explained the situation. A vet took me inside, and they poked something into my eye, which made me feel nauseous beyond my ability to control. So I puked and out came the peach, pit and all! Mom was relieved as the vet triumphantly showed her the ejected pit. She was very happy because, she said, if the pit hadn't come out, I would have needed surgery to remove it. Due to my size, the vets said, I would have been unable to pass the pit.
I wonder if being as big as Tallulah would have made this a non-issue, since bigger intestines may mean I could have passed the pit. However, it's not so easy for her to find a taxi, so that's an advantage a smaller dog like me can have!
Have fun and see you soon!
Leave A Comment | 1 person already has
Oh Mathias, that is the pitts.
We're glad that everything went well. No more peaches for you, my friend.