Here at Dogster HQ, Community Manager Lori Malm and I sit next to each other at one long desk. For the most part, that’s cool. But sometimes (sometimes!) Lori’s bags creep into my space or I’ll accidentally leave a glass of water in her space. To solve this problem, we drew an invisible line between us, and much like you and your siblings when you were kids, occasionally a cry of, “You’re crossing the line!” will ring throughout the office. Fortunately, our territory disputes are solved without going to war, but when I was a kid, man, we’d fight like (heh) cats and dogs if one person merely breathed over the line.
The cats and dogs in these funny photos, however, have passed the olive branch between one another to team up for one another’s benefit. When you really think about it, dogs and cats have more than a few things in common.
Here are 15 things they’ve teamed up to do:
1. Taunt the neighbor’s kids after they accidentally threw their tennis ball over the fence. (You’ve seen The Sandlot, right?)
2. Catch the bogey man living in the wall (and keeping the kids up at night).
3. Make sure those sun puddles don’t move an inch. And then take a nap.
4. Steal a snack out of the fridge when the humans aren’t looking.
5. Make sure their human friend gets none of her assigned reading done.
6. Occupy the couch so the one percenter human butts can’t. And take a nap.
7. Beg the humans to open the door. (“You evolved opposable thumbs and you’re not using them to open this door at our whim?”)
8. Run away from exceptionally large and angry fowl. (“Boy golly, Cat, have you ever seen a pigeon that big?!”)
9. Put those decorative throw pillows to use. And take a nap.
10. Make a baby — HEY WAIT.
11. Film a buddy adventure comedy together.
12. Not get any yard work done. And take a nap.
13. Scare the living bejeezus out of you. (“Okay, when the humans open the box, jump out at them. It’ll be so fun!”)
14. Play a rousing tournament of Rock, Paw-per, Scissors.
15. Be so cute together you’ll barf rainbows — awww!
… and probably take a nap.
Do you have cats as well as dogs? Have they ever teamed up to outdo you? Tell us about it!