Would two male Pomeranians get along or would it be better to have one male and one female?

Asked by Member 1140522 on Nov 13th 2012 in Choosing the Right Pet

Answers

I have had as many as 7 males that live together. And in 20 years I have only had a couple of bad fights but neither of them ended up in needing a vet visit. But I do not have poms either. I would talk to the person that you are getting the dog from, and see how they do together. You may even want to get one and then see if you can take the second one on a trial period to see if they get along. But you have to do training with both dogs to make sure that they to not act up or try to pick on the other one to much.

It really just depends on the dog. Sometimes two males get along together, sometimes two females get along together, sometimes the opposite genders get along together. Test out the same gender and the opposite gender and see which ones get along best with each other.

Venus

I don't have any experience with Pomeranians , but I do have two Cavlier King Charle Spaniel pups.They get a long quite well and they get broed when the other leaves home...i have only had one or two fights with them , caused by toys. When i had a femal and male ( lab mixes) they got in fights constantly! could just be the personality of the female.

Hope I helped!

Venus answered on 11/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer