Buzz

Will the slow feed bowl work for my dog?

My dog is a Jack Russell and he eats to fast. I want to get the slow feed bowl but i'm not sure if it will work because he has one of those long noses(not the flat one). So i dont know if I should get it. Should I?

Asked by Buzz on Dec 28th 2011 Tagged food, eatingfast, jackrussell in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Sanka- I'll Miss You

What you could try first instead of buying a whole new bowl is to put a ball, usually one that the dog doesn't play with, in the food bowl with the food so the dog has to eat around it.

Sometimes that's all it takes. Might as well try that first and see if it helps. Some dogs just pick up the ball and take it out, then gobble all the food down though lol.

Sanka- I'll Miss You answered on 12/28/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Do you mean this bowl? - www.brake

I've heard great reviews from people who have the Brake Fast Bowl. I highly recommend trying it, it will slow your dog down from eating fast.

Well you could always have the dog work for his food by putting it in a kong or a treat dispensing toy that way he can't eat it so fast.
It is also good mental excersize.

Kazba

A big flat rock will do about the same thing to slow the dog down. I have used this with alot of success to slow down fast eating dogs.

Kazba answered on 12/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer