Will moth balls stop my dog from going under my house?

My dog will not stop going under my house, will moths balls keep him out?

Asked by Member 1006944 on Oct 7th 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I can't imagine why they would keep him out and I hope you realize that they are extremely poisonous, to dogs, and any other mammal that decided they were fun to eat. I know of several dogs that DIED from eating mothballs... not a good product to use around them!
I would get some lattice and put that up... that is what it's made for! If you can't get lattice you could use chicken wire or some other physical barrier.

Cody

Agreed with Toto. It probably won't keep him out, but he might eat it and get very, very sick.

You have a couple of options:

- Watch your dog when he is outside, so you can prevent him from going under the house.

- Put something around the base of the house so he can't get under there.

- Teach him that there are better places to go than under the house. Reward him for staying where you want him to be.

- Build a nice comfy dog house or other area for your dog. Reward him for using it, and don't ever use it as a punishment. If he likes that better than under the house, maybe he'll go there instead.

Cody answered on 10/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

NO not really.. how bout not at all!!.. moth balss are for KEEPING OUT! snakes, maoths, and etc,,.... it will only poison a dog if they try to eat it.

Maverick

No, some dogs will actually eat them. They are toxic. Not a good idea.

Maverick answered on 10/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer