Roxy Ann

Will it hurt my dog to take Benedryl? she is a 10lb yorkie.

Roxy has been sneezing alot the past few days. but she go'd in and out side. Pecan trees just started dropping there messy stuff off too.

Asked by Roxy Ann on May 21st 2009 in Allergies

Answers

What is the problem that you feel your kid needs the Benadryl?

hercules

No, it will not hurt your baby to take some benadryl. my doggie takes it daily for allergies, he is a little bigger than your puppy, he weighs 16 pounds, so i would call any vet to get the recommended dosage for a ten pounder. good luck to you!

hercules answered on 5/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

You should NEVER give your dog anything unless recommended to do so by a vet. You would need to talk to your vet the reasons WHY you feel you need to give her Benedryl and then get the proper dosage for YOUR dog. What works for one, may not work for Roxy Ann.
Have a good one.

Benedryl is fairly safe, but a regular 25 mg capsule would be too much for her. I think it is available as a liquid too. 2mg per pound of body weight or less. I would start with less, maybe only 5 mg.

If it seems to help, likely it is an allergy. It is one of the few things I would ever give a dog unless directed by a vet.

Deogie, i dont see anyone on here who advised this owner to give benadryl without consulting with a vet. You are on here a lot giving advice, and much of it seems to be a little snippy. i would suggest that you try a little harder not to be so bossy. you do have a pretty dog, and i dont mean to be mean, but it is what it is.

Friday Enubis Winchester - In

The Vet recommended 1 regular adult benedryl pill for Friday's allergies and he is 19.4 lbs. I would not have given this to my dog unless recommended by my vet.

Friday Enubis Winchester - In answered on 6/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer