Why won't my puppy eat?

I brought a 7 month old Tibetan Spaniel home yesterday, he was living on his breeder's house, with the lady, his bestfriend brother, his mother, his father and his uncle. But since he got here he really hasn't eaten that much or drank, I tried all types of food and bowls and everything and he just seems a bit down. He also has been sleeping a lot. My best guess would be he needs deworming (had at 3 months) or he is missing his friends, but I don't know. What do you think?

Asked by Member 1152545 on Feb 17th 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Mika

This is a big change for him. He is probably scared, missing his friends as well......and could possibly need wormed. Give him some time, but if he goes to long without food and especially water you should contact a vet. If he gets dehydrated that is bad new. When we first got Mika, she would not eat, no matter what, so we started mixing some wet food with her dry and adding a touch of water, then mix it all up. This brings the smell out of the food and will be more attractive to your dog. Another thing is it is a good idea to leave the pup on what the previous owner was feeding him, so that not quite everything in his life changes at once, then gradually switch him over to what you choose to fees.
Good Luck!

Mika answered on 2/19/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer