Sumiko

Why won't my dog won't sleep in my bed anymore?

I know it's a selfish question, but for the last 11 years my dog has always slept in bed with me. We have our own little ritual each night...we both find that comfy spot and we both let out a big sigh before falling asleep. I know, bring on the laughter...

Lately, he'll sleep on the floor next to the bed. Sometimes he'll cuddle up next to me, but within minutes he'll raise his head and start panting, then get down and find a place on the floor.

I even lowered my bed, thinking that maybe it was becoming to difficult for him to jump up due to his age and the fact that he has 3 legs. Apparently, that isn't the case.

Anybody know what's up with the sudden change? Thanks!

Asked by Sumiko on Dec 19th 2009 Tagged bed, sleeping, floor, notwithme in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Honey

I've been having the same problem! It just started happening the last couple of days and it's hurting my feelings too. Sorry I don't have answer. I washed all my bedding and everything and she still won't sleep with me.

Honey answered on 12/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bella

I googled the same question today and got this website as a hit. I am having the same problem which just started about three days ago after taking her to the groomers for a bath and trim. She was scratching a lot afterward so now I have washed the blanket she normally sleeps on. I am going to try it out tonight. We also got a new kitty about a month ago that she is growing increasingly fond of. The kitty doesn't sleep in our bedroom and my dog seems to be whining about that too. Starting to think we have a ghost or something and can't call the vet with something like this! LOL

If you get an answer, please let me know. It's hurting my feelings too. I can so relate!

Bella answered on 11/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer