Why was my application to adopt a dog denied?

Even if they felt this dog was not a good fit for me, then provide me with a reason why my application was denied. Yes,I asked them to provide me a reason or even as if there was another dog I was interested in at the show or even invite me back. I have a fenced in yard and yes I have raised a poodle. He was neutered. My husband is home during the day or not gone for more than 4 hours. I work from home 2 to 3 days a week. We are in our 40's and I provided the name of our last Vet. We have not had a dog in 5 years so I dont know how long the Vet keeps records on file. Yet and still, they should provide you with a reason for denial.

Asked by Member 1021274 on Jan 30th 2011 in The Adoption Process

Answers

Gunner

It could very well be that there was someone MORE suitable for the puppy than you. It may have been a pick between all the best homes, and that other adopter was going to provide just a smidge more than you. Or, you were all equal and the rescue just had to pick out of the bunch.

Did you ask why they didn't choose you?

Gunner answered on 1/31/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I do not know either, you sound fine. About the only thing i can think of is maybe they want the dog to be a show dog and you did not say anything about showing the dog in the future. I have seen this happen before. I do hope you find a dog that you can care for.