Fitch

Why is my pup so hyper?

I have two one year old lab/rot/retriever, one is always so calm and laid back. but the other is everywhere. I love his hyperactivity but sometimes it just gets a lil out of hand. im not real sure how to calm him down when he needs to be besides letting him wear himself out. and even that doesnt help half the time. Any ideas would be great!

Asked by Fitch on Oct 24th 2009 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Yeh, I hear ya.
Dieta drives me crazy sometimes. Especially if I am sick, I have to put her out alot.
One thing that helped with his big dog, Bridget was massaging.
There is a couple of ten dollars videos at k9elite.com
Often in some dogs it helps. Also, I don't know if it works, but in the petstore the showstopper supplement is suppose to have an ingredient to calm not sure if it works, it is very expensive.
The only other thing I can think of is finding a sport for him or niche that he really loves, a kiddie pool, swimming, fly ball, ect.
I don't know about you but one of my dogs wears me out. She use to be worse when she was younger. Maybe when your dog is around 3-4 he will calm down.
Labs and retrievers can be high energy as that is their nature from breeding.

you should try going to obedience class an unobedient dog can get out of control.shelby

Asia

Try a DayCamp for your dog, some PetSmarts offer it & it's a great way for them to lose their energy & socialize.

Asia answered on 10/25/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer