Rufus

Why is my miniature dachshund shedding so much ?

I do not know I it is because the weather is changing or because we just left him for the first time over the weekend..

Asked by Rufus on Oct 7th 2013 in Grooming

Answers

They shed out their summer coat and grow in a new thicker winter coat... have you noticed? Anxiety can play a little part in this process, sure, but it's seasonal and normal for dogs and cats. If you find it to be excessive and are not crazy about the food you are currently feeding, try Natural Choice Small Breed Adult food with the Dachshund on the bag (hot pink package). It guarantees improved skin and coat or your $ back, provides omegas for skin and coat and has a specially shaped kibble to help clean his teeth as well! Mix it in gradually with what he is currently eating, or there are small wet food trays that you can add to supplement his diet in different flavors like chicken, turkey, lamb and beef. Happy Turkey Day Rufus!! ^_^