Why is my dog's drool drying yellow?

My dog recently got into some red ants. I got them off of him pretty quickly but I'm pretty sure he got bit on his paws because he won't stop licking them! He sleeps in bed with me, and when I woke up this morning I saw a wet spot that was partially dry and had a yellow hue to it. Smelled it and it is definately not pee! I'm guessing it is from him chewing on his paws so much in the night. It's happened before but never dried yellow. Should I be concerned? I have had very bad experiences with numerous vets here in south Florida so bringing him to the vet is ABSOLUTELY a last resort.

Asked by Member 1188636 on Sep 5th 2013 Tagged whydoesmydogsdroollookyellow in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Where in Florida are you? Hollywood Animal Hospital (right off I-95) is good, Dr.'s Sessa (surgeon) and Harrington are very good. They have a 24-hour hospital. You can put some paw cream or dermasol on the wound; if you want to stop the biting, spray bitter apple on the paws. The drool could be yellow because the dog was eating before he went to sleep and the dissolved food in the mouth turns the drool yellow. ^_^ I like HAH because they have an emergency hospital with their own testing machines so costs are more fair than vets that have to send out for results. ^_^