Missie

Why is my dog continuously throwing up?

My 1yr old German Shepherd/ Chow Chow has been throwing up since i left for school, 8:00am, after she was just fed. She usually eats VERY fast, don't know why, and she always chokes from eating so fast. At first I thought nothing of it, but my brother told be she was throwing up all day. What's wrong with her and what can I do to help her?

Asked by Missie on May 27th 2008 Tagged yrgermansheperdchowchowsickthrowingup in Health & Wellness

Answers

She could be throwing up from eating too fast. Put large rocks in her dish, and then dump the food in. She will have to navigate around the rocks to get to the food, causing her to eat slower.
BUT, just incase, please take her for a vet visit asap. If it turns out to be nothing, try my idea about the rocks.

Koda

Is she throwing up anything or just dry heaving? if it's dry heaving get her to the vet ASAP bloat is always a big concern for GSD.

Koda answered on 5/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer