Why is my 6 yr old dog behaving like hes 1? Peeing everywhere when we aren't home!

My dog has always been used to staying alone since he was a pup. While my hubby and I work or leave town for 2-3 days. Our friend usually passes by once a day just to check on him and the house. But LATELY he is peeing in random spots and on my curtains! He gets on our bed and we come home to the bed with no sheets. Is he acting out ? HELP

Asked by Member 1176953 on Jun 25th 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

I'd say this is punishment for leaving him bored and alone. Did you ever think about getting him a friend? Have your sitter leave treats when he/she sees him, like his favorite or a Greenie, to pacify him while you are gone. Dogs are social and will get into trouble with nothing to do for a few days.