Why is my 2 year old Lab peeing in her kennel?

My 2 year old Lab started acting funny while my husband was in the hospital recently. The first few nights he was back at home, she barked through the night, something she's never done. We bought a sonic egg to try and break that habit and now most mornings her bedding is wet...I think it's urine. She has never done that before, had her since she was 10 weeks old. Is she just being difficult to get our attention??

Asked by Member 1118918 on Jul 3rd 2012 in Separation Anxiety

Answers

I think she has some bladder problem. Take her to the vet before the problem further increases.

Have the vet check for a UTI and rule out any medical possibilities.

Could be, she knows that something was wrong with your husband, and wants to be close to him. Is her kennel near his bed? Perhaps, by trying to have her near him would help. Anxiety, and being nervous that he was leaving her. Just my thought