why does my puppy have stop using his pad and goes potty and poop all over the house again?

i have a 3 months old jack Russell terrier.Milo used to go on his training pad for potty and poop just fine. However, the past 3-4 days he started going all over the house again like day 1.Why? He was that good to the point that he would be sitting with me on the couch and when he wanted to go, jump off go to his pad do his need and then come back. Of course i praised him a lot and gave him a lot of treats but it seems we moved back to day 1.why?
Please help me out because this is the first time that i dont know what to do

Asked by Member 543964 on Dec 11th 2007 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Have you made sure to put out a fresh pad every time he finishes using the other one? My mistress's late cat used to not use the litterbox when my mistress didn't clean it. The cat wouldn't start using it again until mistress scooped everything out.
If you are scooping the poop off of the pad instead of replacing the whole pad, replace the entire pad. Dogs don't like to potty on dirty pads.

Chloe Chanel

Chloe did that to. have you changed to a different type of poddy pad? if there are more than three pee pee spots on the pad, she won't go on it anymore. Has there been any change as far as someone moving in, out, being gone on a trip@ when my fiance left for a work related trip for the first time since we had her she did that because she wasn;t use to him being gone. Hope that helps in some way!

Chloe Chanel answered on 12/11/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Leon

I think all the above answers are very good, but it's very important to remember that no puppy is reliably house trained until six months of age. Keep a close eye on your JRT until then, so you can catch him in the act.

Leon answered on 12/11/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Misty

First of all, if your home w/ your puppy, keep an eye on him and if he looks like he's looking for somewhere to pee, take him outside! Those puppy pads can do more harm than good. I bought those for Misty, and she wouldn't go outside and instead, on the pads, and if not on the pads on my floor! Bad idea, those puppy pads, those are for lazy people! I got rid of them that day (when she wouldn't go on them, but preferred my floor) and never put them down again! You'll just have to keep an eye on him like you would if he were an actual human baby. Let him out frequently, and at night I would pick up his food and water, and put him in a crate. I stop Misty from food after 5:30, and water by 8pm. I haven't had a problem since (knock on wood). Don't praise him for using the pad, frankly, I don't think a dog knows the difference between the pad and the carpet. Also, clean those areas w/ vinegar and water, this will keep him from wanting to do his business in those same spots. Good Luck!

Misty answered on 12/13/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer