why does my dog put his paw on my foot

Asked by Member 899837 on Oct 11th 2009 Tagged doberman, behavior, paw in Behavior & Training

Answers

Mina

From what you've given me, it sounds like a dominant gesture.

But, you may want to re-post this question with more information. What you've given isn't much to work off of:

In what situations does he do this?

How does he act when he does this? Growling, staring, playing around, etc

Mina answered on 10/11/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Fritz

I put mu foot on my person's foot because I like her. I also like to sleep with my head on her foot, it makes me feel safe.

Fritz answered on 10/11/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

it may be a way of getting attention. he could have igured out when he does it you are forced to notice him. Smart dog

Mikey

Mikey did that when I first got him and the trainer I was working with said it was a dominance thing and to not let him do it.
It took a couple of days of me pulling my foot away, without saying anything, for him to get the idea that he wasn't allowed to do that. Now when he does it accidentally, he's quick to move it.
Whether it was truly a dominance thing, I don't know.

Mikey answered on 10/11/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer