Maggie

Why does my dog put her food on the floor to eat it?

Asked by Maggie on Jun 12th 2009 in Pet Food

Answers

Probably because dogs don't use dishes in the wild. She may not like having to stand up to eat her meals.

Katie

Hi Maggie!

I do the same thing! Sometimes I take a mouthful of kibble over to the area rug in the family room, where I drop it, lie down, and crunch it in comfort. Weird, but I guess the other reply must be accurate - we dogs don't use dishes in the wild.

Also, when I choose to eat out of the bowl, I usually lie down next to it on the kitchen floor. My family has to step over me when I'm eating... I guess it's just more comfortable that way!

Katie answered on 6/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Callie

I do the same thing. My mommy puts a handful in front of my bowl and the rest in my dish. Sometimes she sits on the floor with me and I sit in her lap and eat.

Callie answered on 6/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer