Cub

Why does my dog pee where I sit after I get up?

I was sitting in my chair and I had got up to answer the phone in the other room and when I came back, there was pee all over my chair. I looked at Cub and he had threw his ears back and he knew I was mad at him. Why did he pee on my chair, though?

Asked by Cub on Jul 6th 2008 Tagged pee in House Soiling

Answers

If Cub was simply seated with you in the same chair, he may have peed without meaning too. It could be a medical problem. (Did he target your chair after he had been somewhere else?, Is this a one time incident?) It might also be that your pants may have picked up a scent Cub wanted to cover.

Rusty

Sounds like dominance. Or didn't you know that he owns the chair, couch, house, and entire neighborhood?? hehe.

They have products out that deter dogs from soiling specific things, you can try that. Or, just general discipline when he does it until he gets the point that its not his.

Also, make sure you are taking him out often enough so that its not a true accident. Every 4 hours is a good measurement, but if he recently ate a bunch or drank a lot, maybe he just needs to go outside.

Rusty answered on 7/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer