why does my dog lift his leg and pee on everything in the house?

How do I stop my dog from marking everywhere in my house when he is trand to go on a pee pad in the house and has never gone out side?

Asked by Member 1107696 on Apr 29th 2012 in House Soiling

Answers

Maggie Mae

You've created a new natural environment for him. In nature, dogs roam through their territory and mark it. If you can't let him out to mark the exterior perimeter, he's going to do it in the perimeter that you made for him, a box with windows, I hope he can at least see out. No dog wants his territory to be a pad that's 2 foot by 2 foot. You have quite a problem on your hands if you don't show him that there's a big wide world out there for him or at least bigger than that, and he could claim it all from the mailbox, to the street corner and let everybody know that he was there. Good Luck.

Maggie Mae answered on 4/29/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer