why does my Boxer feel it necessary to get even, when I leave him home alone?? He pulls the left arm cover(dirt guard)

off the recliner we fight over(he generally wins--I let him). pure Boxer-- 60 + lbs--neutered male
has doggie door--15X20"

Asked by Member 1146630 on Dec 26th 2012 Tagged smarttagb in Aggression

Answers

Ikan

Well I think most of your question got cut off here. But I think i would do a bit better job of letting your dog know that you are boss and not lethim win all the time. You can do this without being mean or hitting the dog. Right now it sounds like he is in control of you. Maybe I got the idea wrong, so ask the question again if I was way off

Ikan answered on 12/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I seriously doubt he is trying to "get even". He sounds bored and is making up things to do, you might leave him with something to do like a stuffed Kong, increase exercise when you're home, and/or crate him when you are not home. The recliner cover could also smell like you and he could possibly be having a bit of separation anxiety so focuses on that.