Why does my 7 year old bostonpug terrier mix think she has to go out after eating or drinking the smallest amounts?

She is a female, that is crated during the daytime, when I am not home. When I come home, she thinks she has to go out, after eating or drinking any amount of food or water. I share little bits of people food, and after each time she has some, she thinks she's just gotta go out. I don't walk her much, if that might help?

Asked by Member 1156108 on Feb 20th 2013 Tagged peeorpooping in Behavior & Training

Answers

She probably wants to be walked. Dogs get bored, just like humans. I would take her for a walk everyday after work. Good Luck!

If this is a fairly new behavior it sounds like she definitely could be suffering from a urinary tract infection and needs to see a vet immediately.
Otherwise, it is possible that you have rewarded the act of peeing/pooping so well that she is using it as a form of attention getting. I would up her exercise and see if that helps.

She obviously wants you to take her out. When you walk her, go for a long walk. I live 5 blocks from the beach and I take her to the beach for the first walk in the morning and the other walks I take her to the park a block away for a good 15 - 20 mins. At least. If the weather is good at night I will walk her to the beach again before bed. Your dog is bored and needs exercise. You might end up with a bad behaving dog if you don't exercise your dog enough. Plus you need to socialize the dog too. You must take the time. Your dogs mental health depends on it. Do the best you can. Your doggie deserves it!