Brutus

Why does Brutus pant at night in his crate?

When we put our 9 month old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier in his crate at night, he pants. We try to give him water, but he won't drink any. We opended the window a little bit but it did not help. Is he sick? Is it too hot in crate? We put on the fan at night too. Help!

Asked by Brutus on Aug 15th 2009 Tagged panting, crate, terrier in Health & Safety

Answers

Lexie

Lexie pants too when I put her in her creat I give her Ice cubes 5 or 6 and a big drink of water and put a fan on her. But your dog woun't drink I would take him to the vet to make sure he is ok.

Lexie answered on 8/15/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

sit a floor fan on the floor in front of the crate.

Sometimes just a crate sitting on the carpet is too hot for a dog.
My dog panted all night last night even with the air in the same room going.
Could be just humid to him.
Also he has good coat like my dog.
If the fan doesn't work we use to freeze a 2 liter bottle of water then wrap it inside a light weight towel for our rabbits to cool them off or at the fair when it is hot. He can then lay againist that during the night to help cool his body. good luck.