why does a male dog has his penis sticking out?

the testicles and his penis are red.. i think its the first time he mated..so what can i do to fix it?it has been 2 days since i saw him like that.

Asked by Member 765249 on Nov 9th 2008 Tagged dogs in Answers

Answers

*shrug* Bam-bam always "brings his lipstick" along. Its pretty normal for a male dog to stick his penis out, especially if he's still in tact.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 11/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If your dog's penis has been engorged for 2 days you need to take him to the vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's normal for a dog's penis to have some outtime (even my neutered dog's penis does that), but two days plus the redness is NOT normal. Please take him to the vet ASAP.
Also, have you bred him? You seem to hint that in your post. If so, please see:
cookiemiller.tripod.com

It is normal for them to do that every now and then, even if they are neutered. However, if it has been out constantly, then it really isn't something that should be taken lightly. You need to see the vet, as there is more than likely something going on with him. I had a male who had to have surgery because there were bands of skin that grew as he got older that eventually prevented him from retracting his penis. This is very serious as he can develop many infections which can just spread. This would have NOTHING to do with breeding, no, and because you asked this question, I have to say that you really shouldn't be breeding your dog, especially since you mentioned that you 'think' it's the first time he mated. This sounds so harsh, and I'm sorry, but I am so tired of irresponsible people owning and breeding dogs. If you are going to commit your life to your dog, at least do some research about it first. Please neuter your dog.

Starbutt

I had a dog that had this problen, but I didn't wait no 2 days. I went out to do what I could now this is gross but you do what you got to do. I got the vasiline and I lubed up his penis and just gentle pulled the sleave( skin that is over it) over it once more. This happen a few times. He was not with a female and I don't know of a female in heat then was near but a dogs sense of smell well there could of been. I called a vet and they said this happens sometimes and what they can do is cut the opening the penis has to come through and this will not happen again. I though it was eaiser just to go out and lube him up and less expensive. but after a while it didn't happen any more. To let this be for 2 days not only is it bad but the pain the animal would be in. Get vasiline and lube him up and save yourself some money.

Starbutt answered on 11/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer