why does a dog bleed when it poops

why does my dog bleed when she poops?

Asked by Member 847285 on Jun 19th 2009 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Ask yourself this question..

What would you do if YOU started to bleed while pooping?

That's right, you'd go to the doctor. Please take your dog to the vet. Take a fresh fecal sample with you when you go.

Bandit

It's a sign that she has Internal Bleeding from somewhere. You need to take your dog to the vet Today and find out what exactly is going on! This is a situation that you cannot wait on! Personally, I would consider this an Emergency! Take a stool sample with you! The sooner you take her in, the better her chances are for recovery!

Bandit answered on 6/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Deogie is right. Don't wait, take this dog to the vet right now.

There are a lot of different things that cause blood in the feces. Sometimes, it's something not internal, like a tear or irritation or cyst near the opening of the rectum. This is usually bright red blood that appears to sit on top of the stool. Darker blood, or any blood that shows up looking like it's in the stool itself is internal bleeding.

There are some moderately dangerous causes and some very gravely serious and even deadly causes of blood in the stool, so you MUST get her medical attention right away. The sooner you get her in, the better her outcome even if it is something simple.

Take a feces sample in with you, the fresher the better so they can test it. You can use a plastic baggie or a disposable plastic container to transport it.

Good luck with her.

Because there is a problem and she needs to see the vet ASAP.
Godspeed.

Bella Brown

As already said there are many reasons why there could be blood in the stool. I had this problem with both of my chi's and my mom had it with her male eskipoo. I am thankful that I have a vet that is on call and is not out to just make a buck. She explained to me that If your dog is on the younger side it could be as simple as a food alergy which is more common then I would have ever thought. That is what it was with all are dogs. Well one was cause she was eating too much grass and the others was cause of the dog food they were eating. The vet told me to give her pepto and nothing else for 24 hours and then start her on boiled hamburger and brown rice. That did the trick for both of our dogs and also my moms eskipoo. All three of there stools had a red slimish blood in their stools. However if there is a large amount and the dog is showing signs of lack of energy or weakness I wouldn't hesitate taking him or her in to see the vet immediately!! Hope all turns out well for you and your

Bella Brown answered on 6/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer