Why did the dog I rescued flip like a switch towards my other dog?!!

I'm really hoping you can give me some kind of insight on this because I'm puzzled as to why it's happening. I have a 1yr old male english bulldog "Hank". We've had him since he was 6wks old. We currently rescued a female english bulldog "Lola". She is 3.5yr old. We actually are Lola's 3rd home. She was rescued from a puppy mill almost 2yrs ago. The lady we got her from had adopted her and had for about a year. The lady had a french bulldog in the house which was best of pals with Lola. They would lay together and everything. The lady said she never showed any sign of aggression. She also had her crate trained.
When we brought Lola home hank wasn't sure what to do. They kind of tip toed around each other for a week and then they slowly started getting close with one another. Playing and laying with each other. This went on for a few weeks. Hank is not crate trained so I leave them both out when my boyfriend and I go to work. Then all of a sudden Lola flipped like a light switch!

Asked by Member 1199935 on Nov 17th 2013 in Aggression

Answers

Don't believe that she has never done this before, unless you saw it for yourself... this might be why you are her 3rd home. If everything was so perfect previously, why was she being adopted out again... think about it. Plus, bulldogs are very stubborn and strong by nature, and I don't know any who like being crated. Start working with a trainer right away if you are willing to keep her (the sooner the better), which may make Hank very unhappy in the meantime. Thanks for rescuing and I hope it works out for your family! ^_^