Rastas

Why are so many ppl ignorant and ignore the truth about Pits...they judge their skin before even seeing their character!

I am a proud owner of a Red/Blue Nose pit, Rastas who happens also to be my Service Dog companion...and I just want to know why all these idiots still believe people who don't know a darn thing about breeding and raising pit bulls opinions of a good dog vs. a bad dog. Hello!? Your sweet little ankle-biters are more aggressive and unpredictable than my life-long trained, socalized and LOVED pitty...I pitty you for not understanding that fact and pray you come to your senses someday and stop judging anyone/anything besides yourself! You point a finger at my pit, yet three more are pointing right back at ya! I do not deny that there are bad-apples* in ANY breed, this is true, but with love, compassion, training and socialization even a tortured, abused, neglected and fighting pit bull can learn to love, be compassionate, loyal and faithful to his/her new owner! Everyone deserves an opinion...but that doesn't make it a worthy one. Educate yourself, take time to do some research...gezzz!

Asked by Rastas on Oct 11th 2012 Tagged pitbulls, americanpitbull, americanstaffordshireterrier, bullbreeds, legislation in Breeds

Answers

You are preaching to the choir here. I think I can speak for most of us. Most if not all of us agree with you. There are a lot of really ignorant people who can't think for themselves. It's very unfortunate. I wonder what those people would say about "Lily the hero dog" from Massachusetts that saved her owner from being hit by a train?

Keeva

I hear your frustration. It seems that pits tend to get all the bad press. I could have done without the "ankle biter" comment though. It seems to me that you are doing just the same thing.....judging dogs without getting to know them. Right?

Keeva answered on 10/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 3 Report this answer

"Your sweet little ankle-biters are more aggressive and unpredictable than my life-long trained, socalized and LOVED pitty"

And, it is okay for you to do the same to my obedience titled, well behaved dogs who have NEVER bitten anyone??? Give me a break!!!

That statement sure lends lots of credibility to your tirade!!!! Seems like the pot is calling the kettle black!

I am going agree on everything you say. Pitbulls are the most amazing dogs that I have seen.

Tiara

Because one bad Apple of an owner spoils the whole bunch. The one bad case will get more coverage then 100. Good ones will get

Tiara answered on 10/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bullet Forever *we miss u*

I have had pitbulls in the house since i was born. I think that i took my first steps hanging from the collar of one. i cam understand your frustration, but i DO NOT agree with your little ankle biters comment. i have also been raised with little dogs, and i have had my little terrier, for 4 years now, and he has had the life of living hell, there was the coyotes, roiite/gsd mix, owl that picked him up, the death of our 6 month pit bull puppy, the recent death of our 14 year old pit/boxer mix, and lastly the many, MANY, people and cars. and yes, he does tend to nip, and bark, but he has never, EVER bitten another dog/human being since i got him. Little dogs do yap, and they do nip, but they are great little dogs until you spoil them. But then agan, you dont spoil any breed of dog, incluting pit bulls. Well, this is all i have to say, so i hoped this helped, Best regards:D

Bullet Forever *we miss u* answered on 10/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The term is called "Common Enemy" if I remember correctly. Humans see Patterns in things that are not Patterns at all, such as Pit bull Attacks. One story hits the big print, gets a lot of response, and other people share their stories. Yeah, it might only add up to maybe 100 stories in total across the United States, but that's all it needs to start Chaos. It's the common enemy now, it's what people bond over. Now it doesn't matter, because they spread hate filled ignorance to people who have no opinion, and now those people spread it to others. Thats what happens, not just in this situation, but with a lot in history. Some people are just unable to educate themselves before they start spewing lies. Blame the Deed, Not the Breed.

Layla Lu

I am a proud owner of a CHIHUAHUA, who happens also to be my companion...and I just want to know why all these idiots still believe people who don't know a darn thing about breeding and raising CHIHUAHUAS opinions of a good dog vs. a bad dog. Hello!? Your sweet BIG KLLERS are more aggressive and unpredictable than my life-long trained, socalized and LOVED CHIHUAHUA...I pitty you for not understanding that fact and pray you come to your senses someday and stop judging anyone/anything besides yourself! You point a finger at my CHIHUAHUA, yet three more are pointing right back at ya! I do not deny that there are bad-apples* in ANY breed, this is true, but with love, compassion, training and socialization even a tortured, abused, neglected and fighting CHIHUAHUA can learn to love, be compassionate, loyal and faithful to his/her new owner! Everyone deserves an opinion...but that doesnt make it a worthy one. Educate yourself, take time to do some research...gezzz!
SEE HOW THAT WORKS? GROW UP

Layla Lu answered on 11/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I blame the media! Celebrities who make ignorant comments are exacerbating the issue. www.pet360.com