Ellie

Who has the best prices on good quality dog food brands? Also, any suggestions for dog food brands?

I've been feeding my german shepherds Taste of the Wild (all life stages). The feed store I was getting it at (30 lb bag) just jumped from $38 (yes..... I was very luck) to $47 (pretty typical price)...... Any suggestions for stores or retailers online that have great deals?

I'm also open to any good suggestions for other dog food brands. I would like to give my dogs some variety so they dont get oober tired of TOTW. I don't really want to spend more than $50 for a 30lb bag, unless if its well wroth it. I have two german shepherds at 10 months old. Thanks!!!

Asked by Ellie on Apr 27th 2013 Tagged food in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Oh wow, that was a good price. I pay $53 (I think)/30 lb. bag for Blue Buffalo Lamb & Brown Rice. We're pretty happy with it. I've heard feeding raw is comparable in price and have considered it.

AKC CH. Lance Tour de Force

I was buying a brand called "Back to Basics" which is dried kibble of mostly organ meat and it shot up to $79 a 35 lb bag. We also used Wellness Healthy Weight for one of the Yorkies, and it's price jumped up by $8 a 27 lb bag to $59, so we are now using Diamond Lamb/Rice at $34 a 40 lb bag. We just cut each of the expensive food with the Diamond 50/50 to keep our costs down and if we have to go with the cheaper food 100% then we won't have any stomach problems. Funny but Diamond brand is their favorite and the pick it out first before eating the other brand.....very strange.

AKC CH. Lance Tour de Force answered on 4/28/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Mika

Acana is a great dry dog food.
I also feed Blue Buffalo, I have 2 Huskies and they have done well on both, I to like to switch it up a bit for them, they deserve a variety as we do.

Mika answered on 4/28/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I have heard pretty good things about the 4 Health brand. 4 Health is around $25-30 for a 35 pound bag. The ingredients are pretty darn good in a few of their foods, too.

if you can find a Martin's supermarket pet mart they have good prices. My foods jumped at pet supply plus like that, but can find same names at Martin's. If you can find a TSC farm store, sometimes they have lower prices on certain names.
You can talk to a wholesaler, if you can afford a pallet of food , they will give it to you cheaper if you do that every month, right to your door.

Jethro

Origin, very expensive but my dogs poop biodegrades. By that I mean it turns to white powder after a month or two. They also get raw beef bones. I pay $68 for 30 lbs. my coonhound's hair starts to fall out if I feed her anything else. But 30 lbs lasts two 85 lbs dogs a month with the beef bones.

Jethro answered on 5/8/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer