where is the best place to sell American Bulldog puppies?

We are trying to start up a kinnle and sell American Bulldogs. We love our dogs and think they make great family pets! We have our first litter of puppies and we havent been able to sell a single one. we are only asking $600 for them, we got thier first 2 set of shots, a health check from the vet, and a health guarantee. They are ARF reg. we have put them in 4 news papers, 5 online places to sell dogs. where is the best place to sell them? we live around the FORT WORTH/DALLAS TX area. our pupps are now 11 weeks old.

Asked by Member 411932 on May 26th 2008 Tagged wherecanisellmypuppies in Other Puppies

Best Answer

I love my dogs too!...but 3 are "fixed" because they have little to offer my breed...My Ch show girl has a pedigree with 3 gens of at least AKC champions. some Can/Amer Ch's, some BISS dogs, many HOF dogs & some double HOF dogs...& is OFA & Cerf certified & has her CHIC number...Funny, I haven't bred a litter yet & have a waiting list that it will take 3 yrs. & 2 litters to fill...Why do you think that is? ( :
How can you health guarantee a dog that has had no health testing but a vet check?
That is asking for trouble unless you have no intention of backing it up or don't know what it means.
You are barking up the wrong tree sweetheart.
Please fix your girl.

answered on May 27th.

Answers

~Emma~ RL1

Umm......you mean you breed your dog without getting homes found/screened BEFORE you had the puppies!?! This is not the best place to post this question as MANY here are involved in animal rescue from Backyard Breeders and the like.

You are going to get a lot of info from other pups, as I don't know anything about breeding, and I hope you read everything.....

~Emma~ RL1 answered on 5/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

The Black and Tan Clan

my advice, is to neuter and spay your dogs, just because they are good pets does not mean they are in sound health to breed, you should have heath testing done with both parents and go about breeding the proper way. do not have a litter until you have homes in place before the breeding.... please just spay and neuter your dogs, you obviously dont have the correct knowlage to breed. This site is not the place to get advice on becomming a Back yard breeder. Most people are more into rescue and saving dogs lives then breeding irresopnsibly...

The Black and Tan Clan answered on 5/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

TK, CGC

You just learned a lesson the hard way. All good breeders have homes lined up for any number of puppies that might come out BEFORE they are born. Now you are stuck with 13 American Bulldogs.

If you want to start a kennel the RIGHT way, you will first have both of your dogs health tested for genetic defects common to your breed. This DOES NOT mean getting an 'ok' from the vet that your dogs are healthy. If by some amazing chance both of your dogs (I'm assuming you have sire and dam) are clear of genetic faults then you can start proving to potential buyers that your dogs are excellent examples of the breed by competing them in any events which allow entry by American Bulldogs. Once they'r proven THEN you can start taking deposits and have homes lines up for the litter you have planned SEVERAL MONTHS from now.

Once the puppies come you would mandate spay/neuter contracts on the new puppies and be extremely careful where your puppies go.

Of course my real advice is to spay/neuter

TK, CGC answered on 5/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Okay, I'm sure that you didn't know this, but good breeders have a waiting list and have homes available before the puppie's parents are even mated.
PLEASE, before you continue with this kennel, please study extensively about being a good breeder for at least 2 years and get an experienced mentor to teach you some things. The only right reason to breed dogs is to improve the health of the breed and preserve the breed. Not to make money. Not to see the "miracle of birth". Not to "get cute puppies". No other reason but to preserve the breed and it's health.
Please read all of this link to a page on my website:
cookiemiller.tripod.com

Were the dog-parents health checked by OFA and CERF? Were they 2 years or older? Do they fit their breed standard well and have an appropiate temperament for their breed? Do they each at least have one title?
There's a lot more to being a responsible breeder than you'd think.

I second everything that has already been said, but I'd also like to point out that your dogs are NOW AT THE AGE WHERE THEY CAN BE REHOMED!

Any earlier would have been too early and irresponsible.

Sorry, I am sure you think you are doing the right thing, but if you insist on bringing more pups into this world, PLEASE make sure you understand the basics of dog health and breeding. No puppy should be rehomed before 10 weeks. Good breeders just won't do that.

I think the puppies have had a lucky break being able to stay with their mom and litter mates longer than you were intending, actually.

No doubt your dogs ARE great, wonderful family pets. So, just enjoy them without adding to the burden of pet overpopulation and without putting your healthy, happy dog through another pregnancy.

Mattie

I do not know about finding homes for the ones you already have.If you do breed your dogs please make sure they strictly follow these guidelines good unless they do not follow these guidelines do not ever consider breeding those same dogs again. Currently there are 1,258 American Bulldogs just on petfinder.com that desperately need homes that may be put to sleep. I also hope you do not mean kennel as in dog after dog cages in the yard with no proper exercise. Most reputable breeders breed inside their homes with the dogs having daily human contact, training, socialization, and exercise. I realize I sound just like everyone else answering your question about spaying and neutering your dogs to prevent overpopulation, I work for a rescue group fostering dogs and help with adoption events for mostly puppies from someone’s “breeding program” We are not here to judge you at all on your dog breeding remember you'll not make $ frm dogs

Mattie answered on 5/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer