where can I obtain a breeders license in florida? i'd prefer it be online if possible

Asked by Member 477209 on Nov 27th 2007 in Breed-Specific Legislation

Answers

You need a liscence just to breed dogs? Gee, everything I guess everything needs a lescince these days. Anyway, the reason that I wanted to answer this question. Why do you want to be a breeder? To make lots of money? To help improve the breed you love? The former is one of the wrong reasons. The latter is THE right reason. Before you are ready to become a breeder, you should study for YEARS. About genetics (because each breed has inherited problems that you need to look out for), the right ways to breed, how to be a good owner, among other things. As for breeding for money, if breeding responsible ever brought anyone a lot of money then my name isn't Gray Dawntreader. There are also health tests that must be performed on the breeding stock. The puppies must be dewormed, looked at by a vet, ahev shots before going to their homes! A good breeder NEVER lets the puppies go home until after 8 weeks (with some of the Toy Breeds it's 12 weeks). Think about it..are you even perpared for this?

I would say the same thing...are you sure you're ready for such a huge responsiblity?

I really don't mean it to sound rude in any way, but I would hope that someone intending to breed dogs would do a LOT of research. And, that the research would include how to get a breeder's license through a legitimate source, not just a quick fix online.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your question, but I just hope you have a good, long think about your motivation to bring more pups into this world and if you're really prepared to do all it takes to make sure they are safe, happy and healthy for life.