where can i find a scotty dog really cheap???

i need to know 'cause my stepmother wants a scotty under $400.... And i keep checking everywhere....but they're all really exspensive... What should i do???

Asked by Member 616604 on Apr 3rd 2008 Tagged scottishterrier, adoption, temperments in Other Puppies

Best Answer

Mickey Doo Doo

Don't go to a pet store or breeder.
As many have said, www.petfinder.com is a good website and you coud find a Scotty rescue.

Though rescue dogs are generally less expensive than a breeders dog you are still going to have to take in context the cost of the dogs well being: such as food, grooming, veterinarian care ect. Why does the dog have to be really cheap?
Just keep these thoughts in mind because though the dog you get may not be expensive that dog is still a life long commitment and become expensive in the long run

Mickey Doo Doo answered on Apr 3rd.

Answers

Please check www.petfinder.com
You can find plenty of Scotties that need good homes.

WHATEVER YOU DO, do NOT buy from a pet store or flea market!!!!!! petfinder.com has dogs from shelter and rescues of almost every breed available on it.

Zues

like the above answer DO NOT BUY FROM A PET STORE. i learned my lesson there. there are alot of breed specfic resuce shelters out there so try that

Zues answered on 4/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

YEAH DON'T EVEN BUY FROM PET STORE OR BREEDERS! Go on www.petfinder.com or www.puppyfind.com or www.puppyfind.com or go to your local animal shelter. They all need good homes...God Bless you and the puppy you get. I REALLY HOPE YOU WON'T DO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING BUYING FROM BREEDERS AND PET STORES STUFF LIKE THAT....

Miss Buddie

Another advocate of petfinder.com. You can find a specific breed from a rescue who generally don't charge exorbitant fees.

Trust me on the pet store thing. You do not want to go there. You'll pay too much for a dog who may not even be healthy.

Miss Buddie answered on 4/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Check Petfinder or find a Scottie rescue.

Mattie

Defenitly go to www.petfinder.com to find a dog that depertly need homes a few examples might be

www.petfinder.com

www.petfinder.com

but of course there are many more!

Mattie answered on 4/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kate

I hope you can afford the dog after you get it. Cost of the dog is only the beginning. Vet bills, Food, dental, shots, crates,bowls, leashes, toys bedding, carpet cleaner, and accidents that can reach into the thousands. You should save up a bit if you are so concerned about the price. That worries me. Adoption is a good choice but, some of the dogs may come with pre-exhisting strange traits or ailments. Stay away from pet shops and watch for mills that have a ton of dogs. Take your time. A dog it a very big commitment. If you have disagreed or said, "oh yea", "Shut up" While reading this.. Think again. I have already spent over 1000 on Kate,(beyond her price) I am up 2 times a night and have the help of my friends to let her out during the day until I am off in the summer. It is a BIG commitment. ( I love her though!) Contact a good breeder and have them watch for one to come up sometime there are older dogs that they will give away. That is how we got my brother a great dog.Good luck

Kate answered on 4/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer