Benny Boo Boo

When do Yorkies typically stop growing?

Ben is almost 5 months, he's 3.5 lbs. I've heard you double their weight at 12 weeks and that will help you detrimine their weight, any truth to that?? Also when do they stop growing length wise?

Asked by Benny Boo Boo on Nov 13th 2007 in Yorkshire Terrier

Answers

I know a breeder that says they stop growing around 7 to 8 months. You will notice his growth slow down.

♥ Bella Mae ♥

For smaller breed dogs they are normally fully grown at about 9 months or so, that is in weight and length. You will start to see them slow in there growth when they are 6 months. And the rule of thumb more or less about the weight is actually at 12 weeks it is double the weight plus 1 pound. I was informed this by a vet that I know. I got Bella at 6 Months old and she just turned 9 months in that time she only gained 2 pounds.

♥ Bella Mae ♥ answered on 11/14/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer