when a dog shivers does that mean hes cold?

when a dog is inside or outside when they shiver does that mean they're cold?

Asked by Member 242717 on Dec 17th 2007 in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Shivering can be caused by a lot of different things - being cold, nervous, anxious or frightened, for example. It can also be anticipation of a great activity or nervous energy. Or it can be related to being sick.

A lot of small breed dogs shiver for no apparent reason. Even veterinarians are puzzled by it sometimes when there are no obvious signs of distress or cold, and all health checks come back without any apparent problems.

It really depends on your dog, the circumstances, and what the dog is telling you with body language aside from the shivering.

Abby answered on Dec 17th.

Answers

Hailey

Hailey knows that if she shiver's she'll get attention. So she will do it when ever she's outside. Also when she's excited.

Hailey answered on 12/17/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Leon

Abby is right, some dogs shiver for no reason. I shiver when I'm cold, when I'm in a new place....or when I'm done being petted by all the people that we visit on our therapy dog route.

Try to pay attention to when your dog is shivering and you can figure out if she needs something from you.

Leon answered on 12/18/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer