Whats wrong with my dogs eyes? His eyes are red, swollen, squinty and wont stop blinking.

I came home and I saw my dog laying on my bed with his eyes all swollen, red, watery and he could not open them, he was squinty very bad. He has also lost his appitate latley. Please help.

Asked by Member 619837 on Apr 10th 2008 Tagged eyes, red, swollen, allergies, dog, health, itchy, watery in Health & Wellness

Answers

Roxie

There is a problem a dog can have called entropian where the eyelids roll inward and cause problems. You don't say what breed your dog is but there are some breeds that are predisposed to this disease. It's also possible your dog was bit by a spider or has allergies, it could be a number of things. You should get him to a vet ASAP.

Roxie answered on 4/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels

We agree with Roxie, this doesn't sound good. Take your baby to the vet and explain everything that has been going on. Wish I had a better answer for you, but this one is truly for a vet. Good Luck!!

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels answered on 4/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Pedro

PLEASE take your baby to the Vet!Right away!Eye problems are nothing to wati on. Think about how you feel with just an eyelash in our eye. It hurts! so please be a good mommy and take your little one to the Vet.

Pedro answered on 4/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

To the vet ASAP is where you should take your dog. Good luck and hope that he feels better soon!

Definitely take him to the vet asap. He could have any number of things going on, but whenever the eyes are involved, it is best to consider it serious,especially when symptoms like this are involved.

Also,from what you describe, he is in pain. So, please take him in NOW.

Hope he's better soon....