Whats kind of flea and tick shampoo is the best?

I need a flea and tick shampoo for all three of my dogs. What kind is the best? The don't have flea's yet bella had one tick yesterday. I don't want them to get anymore, and there due for baths, so what kind of flea and tick shampoo is the best? Thanks

Asked by Member 599887 on Jul 13th 2008 in Pet Products

Answers

Hey Scamp!

Are you on a flea&tick preventative program? Frontline (what I use for Jake and Joe if needed), Vectra (what I use for Larka if needed), or Advantage? It might be a good idea to get on a prevention program.

I don't recommend generic flea&tick shampoos since I've seen a kitten almost die from being washed with one (Hartz, ugh).

You can also add a little sprinkle of pure garlic powder to their food for a more natural approach. I supplement Larka with brewer's yeast and garlic. I only give her Vectra is she NEEDS it.

Mickey Mouse

the shampoo we yous is johnson's puppy and kitten shampoo. and it works!!!

Mickey Mouse answered on 7/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer