WHAT WOULD MAKE A DOG PEE WHILE ASLEEP

MY 4 YEAR OLD FEMALE DOBERMAN HAS JUST STARTED TO PEE PEE WHILE SHE IS SOUND ASLEEP.SHE GOES OUTSIDE TO PEE BUT HAS STARTED TO PEE WHILE SHE IS ASLEEP IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS. SHE HAS WET HER BED TWICE,AND SHE WAS ASLEEP AT MY FEET ON THE CARPET AND I COULD SEE PEE COMING OUT OF HER TODAY AND HAD TO WAKE HER UP TO TAKE HER OUT. WHY IS SHE DOING THIS? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Asked by Member 559050 on Jan 16th 2008 Tagged doberman, peepee, asleep in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Dudley

Several possibilities. She could have a urinary tract infection or she could possibly have a weak bladder. Some female dogs experience this are a result of their spay and it may not show up until the pup is older.

Either case, you should have her checked out by the vet to rule out any medical problem.

Dudley answered on 1/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I ahd the same problem with my GSD, Cookie. We took her to the vet. Turns out she had urninary incontinence, which is common in older dogs. It could also be a urinary tract infection with your dog.

Tara Marie

she might have something going on and there is a medication for Bladder control and belive me it will work.

Please get her to the vet and have her check out.
My little girl was on them and it stop her from peeing in her sleep. just like us when we get old our plumbing stops working.

the name of the medcine is ptoin Urinary incontinence in dogs.

please keep me posted.

Taramarie's Mommy

Tara Marie answered on 1/17/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maggie

A similar situation happened with Maggie when she was around 3 or 4. She would have accidents while sleeping and never realized it. After several trips to the vet we decided to eliminate the grass saver pills I had been giving her. In addition to that she was given some type of pill that was supposed to strengthen her bladder. I'm not sure which did the trick or if it was a combination, but it seemed to work.

I also used to let her eat a lot of celery and I noticed that if I fed it to her later in the evening she seemed to have accidents while sleeping too.

Maggie answered on 1/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer