What type of dog food should I feed a shiba inu? puppy and adult?

from 8 weeks and older.. and can you find them in a pet store, giant, ect. if not where would you find it at?

Asked by Member 1041293 on Jul 24th 2011 Tagged dog, food, where, feeding, puppy, adult in Pet Food

Answers

Shiba Inu can eat the same foods as any other breed- all canines have the same basic nutritional requirements.

To choose a quality food, I recommend you visit:
www.dogfoodadvisor.com
www.dogfoodanalysis.com
www.dogfoodproject.com

They are all slightly different in how they rate foods. I like dogfoodadvisor the best. dogfoodproject is a little different, they don't give numbered ratings, but have ingredient lists and analysis of many brands, and lots of good info about choosing a dog food.

Some of the brands listed on these sites will be available in grocery stores, some in pet stores, some in farm/feed stores (the best selection and value is in feed stores, I find.)

Gia

You should find a diet with all natural ingrediants, if you look at your dog's food bag you'll most likely see ground corn or by product, I am trying Blue Buffalo, chicken is the first ingrediant.

Gia answered on 7/25/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Beldon

You should try Natural Balance Ultra Premium Dog Food. It's for puppies through adult.

www.naturalbalanceinc.com

(Available at Petco)

Beldon answered on 7/28/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Purina, for example uses horrible ingredients in their food. They use the cheapest ingredients in their foods. The first ingredient should always be meat, real meat. The first ingredient in Purina Beneful (for example) is ground yellow corn. You are better off feeding a better dog food. Take a close look at the ingredients - corn, whole wheat flour, animal fat, soy, water, rice flour, pearled barley, sugar, menadione, propylene glycol, etc., let's just say that this food is one of the worst you can feed. Purina is exactly like feeding your dog a whole bottle of syrup and greasy McDonald's for every meal, except worse.

Check out these sites to learn more about dog food -

What's REALLY in pet food? -

www.bornfreeusa.org

recipes4pet.com

Dog foods I highly recommend -

Orijen
Solid Gold
Primal Pet Foods
Organix Dog Food
Holistic Selects
Honest Kitchen
Timberwolf Organics

Dog food companies such as Pedigree, Purina, Iams, Eukanuba, Bil Jac, Ol' Roy, Kibbles N' Bits, Royal Canine, Science Diet, etc., don't care what goes into their dog food, they use the lowest quality of ingredients in their pet food.

I feed Orijen and a raw diet to my dogs. I've never had a problem with Orijen, it's the best food for dogs and cats out there. Feeding a raw or a home cooked diet is also a great thing to do for your pet. Feed the best food to your pet. Here's the Dogster Raw Food Diet Forum and Home Prepared Foods and Recipes Forum -

www.dogster.com

www.dogster.com