Opheila

What To Do About Chronic Itchies

Sophie has been treated with Frontline and I use Buddy Wash for her baths. The fleas have diminished with the cooler weather but she's still an itchy mess at night. The Petco itch spray doesn't seem to help. Suggestions?

Asked by Opheila on Nov 4th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

My pup was very itchy also. I put diluted cortisone cream on her and started putting salmon oil in her food.

I changed my dogs' food (dry)and the itching stopped. Maybe your dog's skin is dry from bathing and spray?

Apple Cider Vinegar might just help, put it in a bottle and spray it all over your dog.

Petri

I would try switching to an organic spray/shampoo. Many of the commercial brands contain chemicals that can actually increase dryness and itchiness. I personally love PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It is 100% Organic, Non Toxic, and is amazing at helping with itchy spots/dry skin/bumps/etc. I use it for everything! You can spray it all over her body and any area that is red or irritated from scratching or is dry and flaky. I find it to work really well! Their shampoo is amazing too. Both are offered in sample size if you want to try them out first before getting the big bottles. I hope this helps!

Petri answered on 11/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer